What’s your mission?
IronNet’s mission is simple: To deliver the power of collective cybersecurity to defend companies, sectors, and nations. For decades, companies have been defending against cyber attacks on their own while adversaries have been organizing themselves into sophisticated hacker networks … until now, with IronNet Collective Defense. In 2014, General (Ret) Keith Alexander, former Commander U.S. Cyber Command, launched IronNet to strengthen cybersecurity defense against highly sophisticated adversaries, across all borders and sectors.
In response to cyber adversaries who increasingly collaborate for collective offense, leading organizations in our critical infrastructure are using collective defense strategies and solutions to meet these powerful and ever-changing threats. We believe that collective defense is our collective responsibility and we are leading the charge.
We are looking for a senior level Data Scientist to join the Detection and Analytics team at IronNet. You will be responsible for modeling complex problems with a focus on cybersecurity and anomaly detection. Your mathematical knowledge will be translated into identifying opportunities through the use of algorithmic, statistical, machine learning, and visualization techniques. You will demonstrate initiative and creativity by proposing ways to address problems often with large or incomplete data sets and validate findings using an experimental and iterative approach. Other responsibilities include presenting findings to stakeholders and clients as needed and being able to trace results back to business requirements. You will work with an existing group of Data Scientists who have extensive experience creating and executing sophisticated algorithms on real data.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to . . .
- Design and develop new algorithms for detecting and prioritizing cyber threats in conjunction with the existing data science team.
- Explore and derive insights from large bodies of structured and unstructured data.
- Create prototype machine learning models.
- Assist in scaling detection capabilities to extremely large scale datasets using Spark and similar technologies.
- Assist in writing thorough tests and documentation.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams in various physical locations.
- In conjunction with the data engineering team, develop and write production quality software.
- Analyze and report results from algorithms running in production.
You may be the person we need if your background aligns with the following . . .
- Proven ability to apply mathematical, statistical, and machine learning techniques to deliver solutions to real-world problems.
- Experience training and tuning machine learning models.
- Demonstrable programming skills (such as in Python, Scala, or R)
- Experience working with large scale data platforms (Spark, SQL) and cloud-based computing (particularly AWS)
- Ability to visualize data and communicate results to non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with the data used in cyber security, including common types of threats and attacks.
- Passion for championing projects from concept to delivery to customer.
- Competitive spirit; willingness and ability to “sell” your solution during collaborative team discussions.
- Desire to be the best and prove it every day.
- Eagerness to learn and improve your own skills and to make those around you better.
- Highly attentive to detail and a focus on improving the code base and quality of our tests.
- Commitment and aptitude to proactively find solutions to ambiguous opportunities.
- Bring a unique skill set or elevate the results of the teams you are a part of.
Recognition & Awards
IronNet is recognized as a representative vendor in Gartner’s “Market Guide for Network Detection and Response (NDR)”, and Forrester recently named IronNet a representative vendor in its “Now Tech: Network Analytic and Visibility, Q2, 2020” research.
CRN Emerging Vendors
Fortress Cyber Security
Hot 150 Cybersecurity Companies
Fortress Cyber Security
EMA Vendor To Watch
More About IronNet:
IronNet delivers unmatched collective cyber threat detection for enterprise on-premise, cloud, and hybrid networks. We do this through the application of advanced behavioral analytics, AI, and machine learning techniques. Our team combines the tradecraft knowledge of the best offensive and defensive cyber operators in the world with world-class mathematicians and data scientists to engineer solutions that empower companies to defend against advanced threats.
Our founder and Co-CEO, General (Ret) Keith Alexander, is a recognized cybersecurity innovator and a frequent speaker about current cyberthreats and effective defenses. We have a leadership team with deep government and commercial cyber experience, and the company is advised by a board of esteemed security and venture investment professionals, including Jan Tighe Retired Vice Admiral, Former Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare and Director, Naval Intelligence, US Navy; and Jack Keane Chairman, Institute for the Study of War, Retired Four-Star General, Former Vice Chief of Staff, US Army.
Benefits of Working at IronNet:
IronNet strives to provide and takes pride in being able to offer comprehensive, essential and affordable benefits for our employees and their families. We offer an unlimited PTO plan, 401(k) match as well as Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (64101)