Headquartered in Southern Oregon, F.D. Thomas, Inc. ("FDT") was founded in 1979 and is one of the nation's largest specialty services contractors. FDT performs commercial and industrial painting, waterproofing, roofing, infrastructure restoration and other specialty services. FDT has offices across the West Coast and provides expert service for major industrial facilities, commercial building owners, government agencies and entertainment/sports complexes. Since inception, the management and workforce of FDT have embraced the company's value equation of Great People + Great Work = Extraordinary Company, in the process earning a reputation as a value-added service provider.
This position is located at the Vogtle plant in Waynesboro GA
PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT for project managers in Industrial Roofing, Painting, Insulation, Scaffolding and/or Abatement. In this role you will be responsible for assisting Project Managers in planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budgets. Effective communication is essential with all levels of the organization, from the field to corporate offices, to vendors and clients The role requires drive, flexibility and a can do attitude to effectively manage projects quality, budgets and schedules to elevate projects to the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate has a strong attention to detail, proven record of operating with urgency to meet deadlines, is highly responsive and proactive to project needs, and supports the business success by ensuring invoicing and billing and aspects of construction, strong computer skills, ability to work schedules as needed for Business/Client needs. Assist Project Managers to Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
Some Key Objectives include:
- Assists project manager and the client in the start-up process of the project, outlining rough schedule; research and provide information supporting the project bid package
- Using various resources and systems, collect information, review job estimates and contracts to create job setup; setup billing modules; build job budget
- Provides support to the project document flow in RFI, coordinate information between design and construction to support the project objectives and documentation retention
- Provide general administrative support to Project Managers
- Act in partnership with the project manager to provide additional considerations for risk review
- Review and submit accurate weekly payroll; ensuring all pay categories and times are accounted for
- Invoice customers timely; client/customer follow up; and collections where necessary
- Review contracts for content, and subcontractor work, to ensure compliance of certified payroll are met
- Creates and distribute schedule updates on projects and helps to ensure project on schedule and objectives
- Coordinates and administers contract work
- Organizes and processes documents through internal and external systems
- Reviews and processes drawings, specifications, and submittals
- Communicates with subcontractors, owners and permitting agencies (internal/external)
- Assists and/or produces and processes subcontract change orders
- Assists and/or investigates and procures permits, insurance, and bonds as required
- Attend and facilitate project meetings with team
- Assists with coordination of trades in the field
- Creates and produces close-out documents
Key Requirements - What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Some experience and/or college courses pertaining to Industrial Construction or similar fields
- Project management skills, PMP is very helpful and a plus!
- Ability to read blueprints and related construction planning documents
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint-Required; MS-Teams is helpful
- Familiar with scheduling software such as Primavera or Microsoft Project preferred
- Ability to effectively collaborate and solve problems related to projects and communications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and exceptional attention to details
- Outstanding work ethic, ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines, ability to prioritize and deliver multiple tasks on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Associates degree or higher and/or equivalent experience
- Project management and/or certification is helpful
Travel is less than 10%
Why You Will Enjoy Working with Us:
- ASRC Industrial builds thriving service organizations that greatly respect the commitment and values of their people.
- We provide the scale and opportunity of a national organization, but with true local, tangible presence that allows our people to work closely with our customers, getting involved in their systems and solving problems when they happen all while building long-term relationships.
- Every person on our team understands the urgency of business and the distinct ways our customers work. They are not just partners, but an integral part of our customers' businesses. This is a mindset and a way of working ownership in action.
- ASRC Industrial is a purpose driven company that is inspired to do more every day, driving ever-higher levels of performance and opportunity.
We believe strength comes from diversity in people and companies. And that is why we have intentionally built an organization of distinct services, opinions, approaches and experiences. And we continue to add some of the most successful and enterprising industrial service and consulting organizations in the nation to our family of companies - strong, independent, setting the standards for service and quality in their industries and regions.
You can be a part of building enduring businesses if you come to work at ASRC Industrial.
About ASRC Industrial Services (AIS):
Headquartered in Concord, CA, AIS provides industrial construction, environmental engineering, and remediation services to customers throughout the United States via its subsidiary businesses. AIS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), a Native Alaskan corporation with annual revenue of approximately $2.6 billion. Our association with ASRC permits us to perform large, highly complex projects, as well as to invest in systems and processes that improve cost effectiveness and enhance safety and quality.
- F.D. Thomas, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native corporation. Through ASRC, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
"F.D. Thomas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
AIS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native corporation. Through ASRC, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
Location/Region: Waynesboro, GA (30830)