SUMMARY/PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Manager, Environmental and Scientific Affairs reports to the Associate Vice President, Technical & International Affairs and is responsible for managing scientific research and outreach on the environmental safety of cleaning products and their ingredients using state-of-the-art tools and resources. The incumbent will be responsible for research initiatives related to chemical databases, environmental modeling, sustainability, and science education.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences/engineering, public health, or a related field, with 3-5 years of work experience. Degrees in related fields will be considered when presented with relevant work experience such as in toxicology, sustainability, risk assessment, or epidemiology.
- Understanding of chemical hazard and exposure data, including environmental risk assessment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact productively with both internal and external stakeholders, including non-scientific audiences.
- Experience with managing contractors and academic partners on scientific projects.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), a must; skilled in research using the Internet or other technical resources; and possess the ability to navigate and manage a website.
Location/Region: Washington, DC (20005)