$16.00 PER HOUR
ESSENTIAL SERVICE PROVIDER / HIRING NOW!
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION THAT COULD BECOME PERMANENT.
AT ORKIN, OUR PURPOSE IS TO HELP PROTECT THE WORLD WHERE WE LIVE, WORK AND PLAY.
Our WILDLIFE TECHNICIANS are full-time with benefits, a company vehicle, fully paid training, competitive wages and the opportunity for career growth!
CONSTRUCTION OR ROOFING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
We are searching for both experienced WILDLIFE TECHNICIANS as well as candidates willing to learn through our company training. As an employee with us, youwill be provided the opportunity to grow yourcareerand control your financial opportunity with a successful and growing company.
THE SUCCESSFUL WILDLIFE TECHNICIAN WILL . . .
* Drive company vehicle to customer locations
* Meet with customers to explain service and service agreement and have customers fill out and sign appropriate paperwork
* PERFORM EXCLUSION AND REPAIR WORK ON AREAS THAT NUISANCE WILDLIFE ENTER THE STRUCTURE, USING HAND TOOLS, INCLUDING SEALING, CAULKING, OR INSTALLATION OF SHEET METAL AND SCREENING TO SOFFITS, GUTTER LINES, ROOF RIDGES, VENTS, AND VOIDS ETC.
* Inspects the interior and exterior of the building to be treated
* Provides uncompromised service to our wildlife control customers through exclusion, trapping, and removal of wildlife
* Advise customer of the services provided
* Conduct annual re-inspections of customer's property as assigned
* Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and equipment
* COMPETITIVE HOURLY PAY WITH COMMISSION ON SALES
* COMPANY VEHICLE AND GAS CARD UPON ASSIGNMENT OF TERRITORY
* Market leading software including a company provided iPhone and iPad
* Quality, comprehensive training programs
* Founded in 1901, Orkin is a global residential and business service provider who provides the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers
* As the industry leader, we value PEOPLE, PROGRESS and PROFESSIONALISM
* The Pest Management Industry is growing - and is a recession resistant line of business
* Orkin is financially stable and growing as the largest subsidiary ofROLLINS, INC. [ (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
REQUIREMENTS: We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations:
* Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's weight capacity
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, rooftops, etc.
* Basic carpentry skills
* Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
* Less than 1 year(s): Experience and/or the ability to manage route-based assignments
* Less than 1 year(s): Experience and/or the ability to work in the field independently
* 1 - 2 years: Nuisance Wildlife Technician experience
* High School/GED or better
* Some college or better
* Bachelors or better
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
* Driver License
* Goal Achievement
* Influencing Others
* Customer Focus
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
* Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
* Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA