Berkeley Humane is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to rescue and rehabilitate homeless dogs and cats in the East Bay, and place them into their forever homes. Berkeley Humane is seeking a California-licensed Veterinarian to join our small shelter medical team of 2 RVT’s, an assistant, and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- A passion for providing the highest level of care to animals
- Demonstrated aptitude in clinical medicine and surgery
- Demonstrated aptitude in Shelter Medicine and in a high-volume spay/neuter clinic
- Demonstrated success in managing a diverse team of professionals and successful at facilitating collaboration and cooperation
- A willingness to support a learning environment
- An affinity for our mission and an interest in providing care to our underserved communities.
- A license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of California and obtain a DEA license
Located in the eclectic neighborhood of West Berkeley, Berkeley Humane offers a competitive salary that is dependent on the length and breadth of experience as well as a generous benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, paid sick time, medical, dental, life insurance, tax-deferred retirement plan, discounted veterinary care, employee discount on retail, and pet supplies.
To view the complete job description and learn more about us, or to apply online, visit our website.
Location/Region: Berkeley, CA (94710)