Top ranked multi-disciplinary engineering firm seeks a qualified Payroll Specialist for our New Orleans, LA office. This position is responsible for full payroll administration and Human Resources support functions for approximately 80 employees. The individual should be comfortable handling a wide variety of day-to-day administrative and payroll functions in a fast-paced environment and must interact well with other staff in a team environment.
• Process semi-monthly payroll for approximately 80 employees with multi-state payroll tax and benefit administration. Duties will include collecting and verifying timesheets for accuracy, processing payroll direct deposits, preparing and filing all federal, state and local payroll tax returns and remitting corresponding tax deposits.
• Update and maintain all employee payroll records including withholdings and deductions, rate changes and address changes.
• Reconciles payroll and personnel reports, resolve general problems of payroll processing.
• Prepare monthly management reports.
• Other responsibilities include assisting with preparation of monthly client billings and some data entry.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in payroll administration and some billing background.
• Experience in federal and state payroll tax reporting is required.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations.
• Experience in preparing W-2’s and W-3’s.
• Experience with automated payroll programs.
• Experience with Deltek Vision payroll software is desirable.
• Strong analytical and data entry skills with attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits such as, health, dental, and life insurance, 401k retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays. Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Required office hours are Monday-Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm and Friday 7:30am-11:30 am. Interested applicants may submit salary requirements, resume, and references to: email@example.com
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (70119)