Sovos Brands, a new food and beverage company formed by Advent International, seeks to establish itself as a scale player in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry, with a mission to acquire, build and revitalize one-of-a-kind brands. The company has a distinctive approach to people and brands, working to ensure that both can really thrive.
We will seek to purchase roughly 10 brands across the size spectrum and ranging from founder-owned businesses to strategic carve-outs and financial investor-owned companies. We are focused on brands with revenue from $25 million to $500 million plus as part of building a portfolio of brands that together generate over $2 billion in gross sales. Over the past year, we have acquired Michael Angelo's Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Specialty Foods.
We are seeking a Customer Business Sales Manager to join our dynamic team. The successful CBS Manager ensures overall account performance goals are achieved and volume and profit objectives are exceeded for the assigned account(s). This role has a wide range of responsibilities, including Net Sales delivery, managing trade promotion spend, driving marketplace share growth, partnering with customers to grow their category, and working across functions within the organization. Additionally, this position will assist in the strategic development of the assigned account and will promote effective customer relationships, partnering with key individuals at all levels within the customer organization, gaining a full understanding of the customer’s needs, anticipating changes in the business environment, and further establishing the company as a leader in the eyes of the customer. This role collaborates with our Sales Strategy and Management Team to establish a growth platform, identify business opportunities, set and communicate priorities, and coordinate appropriate resources to achieve desired results.
- Promote and maintain a positive rapport with customer executives to maximize potential opportunities, identify customer needs and further develop key initiatives.
- Develop action plans related to the generation of new business and identify growth opportunities in the channel.
- Establish specific sales and merchandising objectives for each key customer within the assigned geography.
- Further develop customer relationships through fact based industry and category insights.
- Function as a “hands-on” leader interacting in the marketplace with customers to provide exceptional support and direction.
- Build market share, expand distribution and implement retail programs that will not only meet the needs of the customer’s requirements but will ensure our company’s retail prominence.
- Build and maintain strong top-to-top relationships with assigned customer executives.
- Monitor attainment of goals and adjust strategies for account sales team to ensure all objectives are exceeded.
- Identify, quantify, and develop growth opportunities at key accounts and communicate findings to the management team.
- Improve processes, procedures and efficiencies related to customer business, supply chain and service by working cross-functionally with other business units.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate sales promotion plans, utilization of market development funds and merchandising ideas and ensure execution, review, and tracking of all plans and programs.
- Develop plans for SMART (Shelving, Merchandising, Assortment, Retail Price, and Trade) across retailers and marketplace
- Work cross-functionally to ensure plan delivery against established volume goals and spending parameters.
- 3-5 years minimum Direct Selling experience, preferably in a CPG company
- Strong sales skills including negotiation, account management, account penetration and strategic selling.
- Demonstrated experience strategically assessing the market landscape, building and executing specific, segmented strategies to win business.
- Strong demonstrated track record of achieving tough demanding goals.
- Proven success developing sales plans and executing the plans via an effective sales strategy.
- Ability to take risks and make decisions quickly using good judgment.
- Ability to influence others in the organization to achieve a common goal
- Ability to solve problems and set priorities.
- High level of intellect with a “roll-up your sleeves” mentality.
- Strong degree of energy with a results oriented mindset.
- Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to adjust style to effectively interact with external customers and internal staff.
- Traditional consumer products knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
This role will cover Natural/Specialty and Independent Marketplace for the West Region. Successful candidates will live in and be familiar with such accounts.