Regional Sales Specialist (RSS) - Mid West Region
Chembio Diagnostics is looking for eager, energetic, and team oriented individuals wanting to build a career in the In Vitro Diagnostics Industry. More than any single experience, skill set, or characteristic, we are looking for talented people who are hungry to grow their income in a multibillion dollar industry. While the right experience is always welcome, we will gladly train the individuals who we view as highly capable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business.
- Minimum of 1-2 years successful sales experience or equivalent;
- Knowledge in medical sales experience and familiarity of the clinical diagnostics industry or Public Health area is a plus but not mandatory.
- Understanding of the changing rapid point of care testing environment, specifically related to Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) is a plus but not necessary
- Ability to lead and influence distributor reps to drive business through the distribution channel.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability and flexibility to travel and work with customers throughout the assigned geographical territory. Overnight travel as necessary.
- Knowledge of the sales process and comfortable cold calling on customers.
The Regional Sales Specialist (RSS) will be responsible for selling the portfolio of existing products and the launch of new products into established and developing markets within the Chembio Diagnostics, Inc. portfolio.
Responsibilities & Duties include, but are not limited to:
New Business Development:
- Develop new business opportunities, serving as the business contact for Chembio Diagnostic’s products within a specified sales territory.
- Initiate compelling clinical, evidence-based, and business-based sales conversations and become the expert in terms of knowledge and practical application for your territory in all aspects of the environment, HIV and Chembio products
- Working with the Director of Sales and Marketing partners, the RSS will identify and develop new customer relationships by utilizing strong product and market knowledge and sales experience to manage sales and resolve customer questions and concerns.
- As disease experts, the RSS (in conjunction with Marketing) will build Chembio Diagnostic’s reputation by creating and presenting materials at trade shows, symposia, and society meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key and influential thought leaders and institutions to generate sales of both new and existing products.
- Continually identify and set priorities for key account opportunities in the various market segments for account revenue growth.
Business Management and Administrative:
- Strong ability to analyze, develop and execute a territory plan.
- Create and manage a sales plan for targeted products, applying all sales tools to achieve financial goals.
- Serve as a resource for current market dynamics (i.e.: financial environment, current reimbursement rates, codes, key payers, market trends.)
- Maintain expenses within established guidelines.
- Develop and submit sales reports, expense reports, forecasts and any other required documents or reports as requested. Must actively participate in utilizing Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel within territory as necessary (up to 50% or more) and attend company sanctioned meetings, training sessions and trade shows as needed.
Full benefit package including:
401(k) with company match
Company outings and much more!
Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc. is a public company serving the increasing global demand for rapid tests needed for the effective prevention and treatment of infectious diseases and other conditions. We Improve Lives—that’s what drives us. It’s what makes us better, more innovative, more compelled to work harder. What we do is develop superior point-of-care rapid testing solutions for healthcare providers around the world; what we help create is healthier lives and communities. Chembio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Chicago Area