Job Title: Cashier
Reports to: Cashier Supervisor/Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective:
The cashier position is responsible for maintaining customer service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS) and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Ensure smooth and accurate POS transactions by activating, counting, balancing, offlining, and reconciling POS drawer; transacting sales and returns by cash, check, credit card, debit, gift card and Mahoney Charge sales; adding new Rewards customers, verifying customer information; recalling and holding tickets; looking up items; setting up deliveries, planting, and pickups
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
• Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
• Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
• Communicate guest requests to management and assist in customer issue resolution.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Competencies • Customer- Focus. • Ethical Conduct. • Decision-making • Communication Proficiency. • Initiative & Learning • Financially-Responsible • Organizational Skills. • Reliable • Problem-Solving
Preferred Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED, Proficient POS experience, (plus if you have Counterpoint experience), outstanding customer-focus skills, ability to communicate effectively in English, good math skills.
Work Environment This job operates in an active retail store environment. This job may be either indoors or outdoors or both. This role routinely uses standard cash register equipment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Flexible hours. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand..
**Our office uses job application software to track all of our job openings and resumes. If you don't hear from us after you apply online, please check the spam and junk folders in your email account. What we send out from our software is not always recognized as regular email.**
EEO Statement Mahoney's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Concord, MA (01742)