Responsible for conducting and overseeing the market research function in support of the executive and marketing team. Responsibilities include understanding business objectives, building and executing the market research plan through identifying and executing appropriate market research methodologies, proactively identifying and monitoring market and competitive trends and making research guided recommendations.
Market Research Senior Manager/Manager must possess a strong marketing background and the ability to proactively identify market trends that are impacting the business or will in the future. Must demonstrate experience in developing comprehensive research plans based on proven methodologies, resulting in recommendations to Management team. Identify research needs, develop research plans, analyze and communicate research results. Incumbent must present a willingness to engage in projects with a hands on approach from inception through completion. Must have experience in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
B.S. Business or Market Research related study required, MBA preferred
Minimum 7 years of experience in market research with business to business and/or business to consumer channel dynamics. Preference will be given to candidates with medical device and healthcare experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with SPSS preferred
Job Specific Requirements
- Product Category Research & Analytics: This position will be responsible for the design, implementation, analysis and communication of market research plans tailored to each existing Curbell Medical product category and for new product platform exploration. The Market Research Manager will work with Product Manager leadership on determining product category research projects and coordinate research project prioritization. The Market Research Manager will lead new product platform research from ideation through final concept testing. The Market Research Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing the market research budget. This position will also be responsible for creating and reporting on key performance metrics that will assist Curbell Medical Management Team in making data based investment decisions for product and platform development.
- Market Sizing and Trending: The Marketing Research Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the research tools to provide market sizing and trending data. This includes sourcing all secondary research data and budgeting accordingly. The Market Research Manager will also support Product Managers and VP of Marketing in mapping out market dependencies throughout the supply chain critical to delivering medical products and services.
- *Market and Competitive Monitoring: *This position will be responsible for identifying and monitoring market and competitive trends that may impact the business (e.g., pose threats or opportunities). Position is also responsible for supporting innovation efforts around identifying and assessing opportunities around current and future product lines. Manager will work with Product Category Managers on developing product roadmaps. On an ad hoc basis, the Market Research Manager will provide research for acquisition analysis to include market data and competitive analysis.
- Customer Based Research: *This position will lead execution and delivery of all customer specific research with the Curbell Medical Sales Organization. The sales organization conducts annual customer feedback surveys across product categories and the Market Research Manager will insure questions related to the customers product experience are included in line with information needs defined by product management. This position will gather analyze, and effectively communicate Voice of Customer from multiple sources including Sales, Customer Service, Product Management and others.*
- Curbell Medical Branding and Promotion Research: *This position will be responsible for assisting marketing leadership in measuring Curbell brand awareness and effectiveness of promotion campaigns.*
*Ability to perform routine office tasks that includes operating a computer for long periods of time, sitting, filing and communicating on the phone*Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull a maximum of 50 pounds*Ability to perform all physical functions consistent with travel including sitting in airplanes and driving for long periods of time.
Decades of Experience. Hospital Room Integration. Tried and True.
In hospital rooms around the world, patients are dealing with demands on their health, and staff members are dealing with demands on their time. Curbell Medical is at the center of it all, with product lines that have set the standard for hospital room integration. For more than 50 years, we have made sure that patients can expect the best possible experience. And our salespeople make sure that our customers can expect the same, bringing decades of experience to partnerships that are built for the long haul. Whether its a visionary product or a tried-and-true relationship, theres integrity in everything we build. For more information, visit www.curbellmedical.com.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Title: Market Research Manager
Location(s): Buffalo, NY;
Posted Date: 11/18/2019
Employment Type: Full time
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Travel Required: 0-25%
Location/Region: May, TX