Title of Position
Title of Supervisor
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform cashiering and related activities for the retail store in a professional, courteous, accurate and helpful manner
in order to effectively assist customers and enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Greets,directs and waits on customers.Answers phone calls in a professional, courteous manner.
2. Writesup orders and rain checks, opens accounts, checks prices, rings up sales, makes change and authorizes
credit card purchases.
3. Countsdown the cash register drawer by using intelliscale to verify funds, places the correct daily starting currency
in the cash drawer and prepares daily deposit for bank.
4. OffersService Protection Plans (SPPs) and other qualified programs as available and dictated by Company policy.
5. Acquires supervisors approvals on all disbursements of Company funds, returns, and credit authorizations.
6. Down-stocks,faces and fronts all merchandise in their assigned areas according to Company merchandising
7. Protectsthe store against theft or other suspicious activity.
8. FollowsCompany approved Customer Service Standards.
9. Keepssupervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems, and related information
necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as
appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
10. Performsrelated work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school education or equivalent.
At least six months of related retail sales experience preferred.
Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
Ability to work accurately with numbers.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipments 12 Core Competencies.