Job ID R1111 Full / Part Time:Full time
Full / Part Time:Full time
Under the direction of the Manager the Medical Assistant II/ASR is responsible to ensure appropriate and timely access of care for patients throughout the Northern, Eastern and Metro regions within Baystate Health System.
The Medical Assistant II/ASR serves as a partner with Baystate Medical Practices (BMP), physicians and other care providers and their clinical teams to ensure integrated, patient-centered care that ensures timely delivery with appropriate provider access for patient care. The Medical Assistant II/ASR fosters communications and high level service and satisfaction to clients (referring physicians and patients).
The Medical Assistant II/ASR will understand patient needs and utilizes his or her clinical and administrative knowledge to make decisions that will enable the most expedient and efficient access to care.
The Medical Assistant II/ASR is responsible for utilizing efficient work processes, creating positive experiences outcomes that meet physician and patient needs, and foster strong relationships with others that build loyalty of all referring physicians and patients.
1) Responds to physician BMP, Community Providers needs to ensure appropriate and timely access to care for patients.
2) Provides prompt responses to requests for appointments and consults via telephone, fax and online portals in a professional, sensitive and courteous manner.
3) Engages directly with patients to support timely, appropriate appointment scheduling.
4) Responsible for providing accurate information to ensure correct clinic appointment type and duration has been assigned.
5) Provides accurate documentation following all established processes and protocols. Utilizes Baystate clinical and administrative computer programs to access and provide needed patient and physician information and for communications with medical practices.
6) Proficient in the following applications: CIS, Centricity Business, ORSOS, Compliance Checker, SMS, I privileges and 3M as appropriate.
7) Successfully completes introductory training (policies, workflows and applications.)
8) Completes orientation to product line. Signed off by Lead/Manager in product line activities.
9) Proficient in all prescription line activities.
10) Achieves both departmental QA, customer service and Productivity standards
11) Independent problem solver.
12) Answer all prescription request calls from patients and pharmacies, by process of protocol.
13) Review the standard protocol and ensure that the patient is up-to-date on all labs and visits before filling the medication. If patient is not up-to-date, the MA will order the appropriate labs.
14) Assist patients in investigating delays in script refills to ensure timely receipt of medication.
15) Demonstrates use of quality/process improvement in daily activities.
16) Engaged and Customer Focus.
17) Able to work effectively in a team environment.
18) Positively support and adapt to change and enhancements as needed.
19) Maintain strict standard of confidentiality.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 90 days experience as an ASR I
2) Successfully completed departmental orientation, and signed off by mentor in assigned product line
3) Completes assigned activities independently 90% of the time
4) Prior experience in a physician office, or customer service setting
5) Graduate of an accredited MA program or equivalent training with demonstrated competencies of MA II (evaluated by hiring manager) and minimum or two years experience in a medical office
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Keyboard skills and ability to type 25 wpm
2) Speak, read and write English clearly and concisely using correct grammar and vocabulary
3) Successfully completed a medical terminology course or will successfully complete approved course within one year of hire
4) Comfortable working with physicians/medical professionals, with the goal of meeting their needs
5) Solid communications skills in English, Spanish in some settings as needed (both written and verbal)
6) Positive, upbeat personality with a positive outlook
7) Orientation focused on service excellence
8) Ability to use phone, computer and related technology
9) Ability to communicate in writing and orally in a professional manner reflecting the Baystate Operating Principles
10) Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients in a professional and positive manner
11) Ability to actively listen and engage in communications to ensure understanding of requests/needs of clients
12) Ability and willingness to learn new processes, software or other tools as needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)Languages:Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). - Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).Work Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA