Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified part-time faculty will be selected for the upcoming academic term. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College Behavioral Science Department invites applications for our Adjunct Instructor – Social Work general pool of candidates from which part time faculty will be selected for the upcoming term (as needed).
UC Blue Ash is the largest regional college in Ohio and one of the largest colleges at the University of Cincinnati. We are an open access college and offer primarily associate degrees with an enrollment of approximately 5100 students. All applicants for this position must have strong communication skills, and be effective classroom facilitators who enjoy teaching in a culturally diverse, student-centered environment.
- Teaching introductory social work courses
- Adjunct faculty members will be expected to use our course management system, Blackboard, hold regular office hours, and attend at least one professional development workshop per year
- All classes may be offered day or evening.
- Teaching is assigned on an as-needed, semester-by-semester basis.
- Office hours are required in order to meet with students as needed.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited program and licensure in the social work field (LISW, LCSW, etc.)
- One (1) to two (2) years of teaching experience in a two-year college setting
- Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu.
- Please include a cover letter of interest and a curriculum vitae/resume
- All certifications and other documentation can be uploaded using the Additional Documents section
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:LJN [[mfield1]] Nearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Instructor, Medicare, Education, Healthcare
About this company
Founded in 1819 as Cincinnati College, it is the oldest institution of higher education in Cincinnati and has an annual enrollment of over 44,000 students, making it the second largest university in Ohio and one of the 50 largest universities in the United States.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH