Special Education/Autism Classroom
Clermont Northeastern Elementary
Clermont Northeastern Local SD - website
Position: Intervention Specialist for Social Communication Classroom
Grades: Kindergarten - Fifth Grade Essential Job Functions:
1. Implements Individual Education Plan objectives through classroom activities including small group, individual and large group lessons.
2. Develops and implements behavior management plans for students as needed.
3. Maintains a classroom conducive to learning and free of health and safety hazards.
4. Develops schedules and lesson plans for classroom day allowing for a variety of activities and special events appropriate for student Individualized Education Plan goals.
5. Communicates student progress to parent/guardian and other school personnel in compliance with Federal, State and legal program policies and procedures.
6. Conducts preliminary and ongoing evaluation of student levels and needs through formal and informal means.
7. Elicits input from parents, counselors and others involved in student program development.
8. Designs appropriate goals and objectives for student Individualized Education Plans based on evaluation (formal and informal) and staff and parent input.
9. Amends Individualized Education Plans as needed based upon documentation of progress or problems indicating the need for adjustment of original goals and objectives.
10. Works cooperatively to develop programming and evaluation through disciplinary teaming approach.
11. Conducts Individualized Education Plan meetings and parent conferences as necessary to fulfill program obligations for participation in special education programming for identified students.
12. Provides direction, training and evaluation to paraprofessionals assigned to the classroom.
13. Communicates to paraprofessionals information necessary for student program implementation.
14. Monitors activity presentation given to students by paraprofessionals.
15. Attends staff, Individualized Education Plan, behavior management, team evaluation, curriculum and other staff development meetings as necessary.
16. Works cooperatively with support service staff to schedule time for related service evaluation and implementation.
17. Meets IDEA mandates and deadlines. Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher.
* Ohio Department of Education teacher certificate for subject specific.
* Shall meet requirements of law and be governed by Ohio Law (Criminal background check for State of Ohio and FBI if necessary)
Contact: Glenda Greene, Director of Special Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email To A Friend
Openings as of 7/21/2020
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH