Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa’s Department of Hematology and Oncology is seeking a full-time pharmacy technician to join our team as a Pharmacy Technician
This individual will serve our patients and patient care staff by performing the following duties:
- Clean hoods daily
- Check drugs in and out of current system
- Fill all prescriptions in a timely manner
- Mix and prepare IV and injections drugs for administration including chemotherapy and rheumatology drugs
- Enter infusion charges
- Constantly monitor current and future daily schedules to ensure drugs needed are available
- Record research drug utilization in research accountability logs
- Stock bins
The leading candidates will demonstrate behaviors reflective of PCI’s culture including commitment to providing excellent patient care, dedication to teamwork and working well with others, reliability, and will possess excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable and become proficient in utilizing computer systems including electronic medical record system.
Qualified applicants must be pharmacy technicians with 1-3 years of experience. PTCB certified or other nationally recognized board certification required along with current Iowa Board of Pharmacy Technician license. Proper Handling of Hazardous Drugs Certification and Sterile Products/IV Certification preferred.
PCI is E.O.E. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. PCI is a tobacco and drug free workplace.