This is for a Spring thru Summer Intern Position. The selected student for this position must be available to work at least 20 hours per week January thru May and 40 hours per week May thru August.
Expected timeline for our internship selection period:
• This position will be posted until 10/20/17
• Resumes will be reviewed by the end of October
• You should know by early November if you will be moving on to the interview stage in the process
• Offers will be made in mid to late November
• Positions will be closed and all notifications made by December 4
The candidate must have experience with machine learning, big data analytics, and statistical analysis.
Experience with data science technologies required.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are a requirement for success in this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be working with the Gulfstream’s Data Science team to develop predictive analytic models. This internship provides an opportunity to interface with many different departments across the enterprise.
Primary duties will include getting and cleaning data (data wrangling) from a variety of different sources; assembling disparate datasets into a tidy format that can be easily used for analytics and visualizations.
1. Data wrangling, getting and cleaning data: converting unorganized data into a tidy format.
2. Data visualizations: build explanatory data products using best in class tools such as R and ggplot.
3. Predictive analytics: use tidy datasets to build machine learning algorithms.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Currently enrolled in a graduate program for computer science, data science, statistics, or related field.
2. The candidate must have experience with data wrangling, machine learning, big data analytics, and statistical analysis.
3. Experience with data science technologies required.
4. Must have a 3.0 cumulative gpa or higher at the time of application, and it must be noted on the resume submitted.
5. Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week.
6. Must have reliable transportation to and from work for the duration of the internship.
1. Experience with R and Python preferred.
2. Statistical and data analysis preferred.
3. Ability to be a self-starter, motivated to figure out resolutions to complex problems
4. Candidate will be working in a team environment and will need to have the ability to jump in an be a part of the team
5. Ability to create and maintain detailed documentation.
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 114983
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Coop/Intern
Number of Openings: 1.00
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.