We seek a full time Professional Development Coordinator to join our Washington Legal Personnel and Recruiting Department. The Professional Development Coordinator will provide efficient, responsive and thoughtful administrative, logistical, and organizational coordination to the attorney professional development function and activities including onboarding, reviews, continuing legal education, lawyer retention and other aspects of associate life. This is a great opportunity for a professional with a solid two years of relevant work experience in professional development or attorney resources to deepen his or her experience and grow at a leading global law firm. Successful candidates will demonstrate a high degree of self-initiative, strong attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, superior organization and tracking skills, discretion and the ability to exercise sound judgment, a team-player mentality, poise and a willingness to take on new challenges and projects with excitement. The successful candidate will also be willing to work overtime as needed to support the needs of the department and the firm.
Regular Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reports to: Director of Legal Personnel and Recruiting, Washington Office and Manager of Attorney Professional Development
- Assist with the attorney review process by operating and updating the performance review database, managing and organizing files, preparing draft performance reviews for partner approval, preparing files for evaluators together with the Manager, supporting the Director and Manager with the Upward Review process, and participating in associate professional development meetings
- Support practice group initiatives such as FPMG Day and Litigation Group dinners
- Provide administrative support for the associate mentoring program
- Coordinate the creation and delivery of appropriate programming for the lawyer population e.g., harassment training, etc.
- Participate in the policy development/change process with the Director and Manager
- Perform new associate onboarding and employment activities including issuing interoffice and intraoffice personnel notifications, coordinating new and lateral associate orientations, assisting with inbound and outbound associate transfer processes, assisting with the administration of leaves of absence, assisting with departure processes and tracking bar membership statuses
- Manage HRIS database entry for lawyer population including hire, transfer and termination processes and compensation changes
- Produce reports as requested by partners, committees, the Director or the Manager
- Maintain current and accurate department records for lawyer personnel
- Under the direction of the Manager, liaise with immigration counsel regarding lawyer visa issues and monitor same on an ongoing basis
- Prepare all inbound and outbound transfer letters, detailing any issues requiring special consideration for review by the Director of Legal Personnel and Recruiting
- Prepare employment contracts for part-time associates for Manager and Director review
- Update and maintain the Legal Personnel Department intranet site
- Together with the Manager, serve on IT committee groups that monitor and make adjustments to systems managing legal personnel data, summer associate assignments and feedback
- Guide associates in how to use self-service functions of HRIS
- Work with Director and Manager on planning, organizing and executing special projects related to associate life