TO: INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN APPRENTICESHIP AS AN OPERATING ENGINEER
FROM: THE ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER
DATE: OCTOBER 2017
SUBJECT: 2017-2018 APPLICATION PERIOD
Each year at this time we notify appropriate agencies and interested parties regarding our application period. November is the only month that interested parties must apply in person.
How to apply
YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON-Applications will NOT BE MAILED (dates and times listed below)
Where to apply
ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER ONE ENGINEERS WAY CANTON, MA 02021-3708
When to apply
During the month of November only.
Days and times to apply Monday through Friday (unless otherwise indicated below) 9:00 am, 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
Saturday, November 4, 2017 9:00 am and 11:00 am
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm
Saturday, November 18, 2017 9:00 am and 11:00 am
Friday, November 24, 2017 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm
THE BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED THE FOLLOWING DATES - NO APPLICATIONS ISSUED
Thursday, November 23, 2017 Thanksgiving
What you MUST bring
1. Have a valid driver's license with a current address showing that you reside in our jurisdiction.
2. Bring a social security card.
How long will you be here
Be prepared to stay and complete the entire application. You will not be allowed to leave the Engineers Training Center with the application.
Basic Qualifications to apply
1. Be 18 years of age or older:
2. Capable of performing the work of the trade;
3. Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
4. Reside within the jurisdiction of Local 4; (eastern Massachusetts, 5 easterly counties of New Hampshire, state of Maine) (refer to the list)
5. Be a citizen or otherwise meet the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986;
6. Have a valid motor vehicle driver's license in your possession;
7. Have a Social Security card in your possession;
Applications will only be given to the person applying for the Program that shows a valid driver's license and social security card.
Applications will NOT BE MAILED. The applicant MUST apply in person with the proper identification or they will be sent home. Allow enough time to stay for a presentation prior to the application being given to you. Applications will not leave the building - no exceptions. Also if you have any questions or concerns, call prior to your arrival.
The Engineers Training Center is an Equal Opportunity Training Recruiting Program