Applications Are Currently Being Accepted For Maintenance Worker - Plumber
Effective Date: Immediately
Position will maintain, repair and install all plumbing systems at 26 locations throughout the County of Rockingham.
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to, at a minimum, the completion of high school.
• Installs, repairs and maintains plumbing and plumbing fixtures of school buildings and grounds in accordance with blue prints, manufactures manuals, building codes and safety regulations.
• Installs, repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, pumps, fixtures, back flow preventors, pressure regulating valves and other plumbing equipment using appropriate tools.
• Opens clogged drains and replaces deteriorated piping and other plumbing components as needed.
• Installs and repairs sinks, toilets, urinals, faucets, flush valves, check valves and other plumbing fixtures.
• Installs and repairs various piping systems including cast iron, steel, P.V.C., copper and terracotta using appropriate techniques such as brazing and threading.
• Maintains school potable water systems including well pumps, pressure tanks, pumps, water heaters, mixing valves, reservoirs, etc.
• Collects water samples as required by the Health Department and State Code.
• Maintains building sprinkler systems.
• Performs preventative maintenance on schools - building plumbing systems and plumbing fixtures.
• Ability to install and patch piping insulation.
• Maintains school irrigation systems, including; piping, sprinkler head controls, valves, etc.
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently or with others. Ability to accomplish repairs or alterations using either verbal or written (blue print) instruction. • Must posses valid VA Driver's License with the ability to meet the criteria for RCPS approved driving list and ability to obtain a commercial driver's license.
• Frequent walking, standing, and lifting up to 75 pounds, visual acuity is required for diagnosing and repairing maintenance problems.
Application: Interested candidates should complete the online application available via our website at: www.rockingham.k12.va.us Visit our website for a complete listing of current vacancies and to complete an online application.
Rockingham County Public Schools
100 Mt. Clinton Pike
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Phone: (540) 564-3220
Fax: (540) 564-3241