- Provide leadership through strategic direction, day-to-day management and policy creation in support of the state's entrepreneurial community.
- Cultivate and leverage strategic partnerships to enhance Kentucky's entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Manage and improve upon key small business and investor-related programs to bring value to Kentucky's entrepreneurs.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special events, as well as participate in entrepreneurial activities and speaking engagements across the state.
- Provide oversight of existing and future contracts put in place to support OOE programs and initiatives.
- Strengthen Kentucky's image as an entrepreurial powerhouse through branding, marketing and communications efforts, as well as delivering excellent programming, services and client experiences.
- Monitor state and national trends related to entrepreneurial growth, while also seeking to be a trend setter for the nation.
- Track and communicate OOE activities and results to clients, legislators, community partners and Cabinet management.
Experience: Preferred experience as a company founder, private equity analyst/partner or venture capital analyst/partner (sufficient professional level administrative experience which would assure the knowledge, skills and abilities to accomplish agency objectives).
Education: Sufficient education which would assure the knowledge, skills and abilities to accomplish agency objectives.
*Upon appointment, employees in this class may be required to maintain a valid driver’s license and required to drive a licensed vehicle. This status may be necessary for the length of time in this class. If this is necessary, it will be listed in the specific position description for that position. Applicants and employees in this job title may be required to submit a drug screening test and background check. Applicants and employees in positions which perform job duties that may require contact with offenders in the custody or supervision of the Department of Corrections or with youth in the care, custody, or supervision of the Department of Juvenile Justice must meet qualifications pursuant to the federal Prison Rape Elimination Act, 28 C.F.R.115.17 and 115.317.