A non-profit trade association is seeking qualified candidates for a Chapter Relations Coordinator position to support our Greater Baton Rouge, Houma, Lafayette and Lake Charles area chapters; the position will work out of our Baton Rouge location. This position organizes and manages all chapter-related activities including scheduling, organizing and chairing chapter events/meetings, fundraisers and golf tournaments (30-40% travel). The Coordinator also builds relationships with the regional sales team and association members to provide best in class service in responding to inquiries regarding meetings, events and association products and services.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Minimum two years of experience with planning and running corporate events
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to deal with a variety of audiences
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- The ability to work independently and effectively organize, prioritize and manage meeting and event activities
- The flexibility to attend chapter committee and board meetings that can occur outside of regular business hours (i.e., outside of 8am-5pm).
Compensation includes a base salary, incentive plan, auto allowance and cell phone allowance, group benefits (medical, dental, life, LTD, 401k) and Paid Time Off.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter with their salary expectations to Human Resources at