Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at Journeyman (licensed) Pipefitter level
- Selecting type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications, knowledge of system operation, and study of building plans / working drawings
- Planning sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and cutting pipe
- Threading and ending pipe by hand or with pipe bending machine
- Assembling and joining piping by means of threaded, chalked, wiped, soldered, brazed fused, or cemented joints
- Securing pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools
- Testing piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges
- Computer literate and able to use personal
computer (including MS Office, Outlook and JDEdwards).
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Perform mechanical repairs
as required. Examples include metal fabrication.
- Must be proficient in basic rigging and working with mechanical tools.
Must be able to follow instruction from Supervision and co-workers as designated by Supervision.
- Must be able to read blueprints
- AutoCAD a plus
- Able to lift 50lbs, including motors, pumps, pipes, valves, etc.
- Able to do considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning, and twisting.
- Able to climb and work in high places (cherry picker, ladders, man lifts, etc.)
- Available for Overtime, nights and weekends as needed
- Must be willing and able to maintain company-required performance and maintenance
records for identified equipment.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
About this company
MWV and RockTenn have come together to form WestRock. WestRock makes consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with customers on everything from beverage packs and pizza boxes to trigger sprayers and fragrance pumps to paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together.
Every day, our 42,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in about 275 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs. We expect to win as a company and lead the industry by achieving success together with our customers, employees and investors.