Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. For nine consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update.
Lockton St. Louis is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Associate Consultant
for our Compensation Consulting Practice.This role is responsible for supporting the practice infrastructure, consultants and clients while successfully managing fluctuating deadlines. The Associate Consultant will conduct job market pricing, help develop client materials, perform research on a variety of topics, manage the salary survey repository and perform other administrative duties in support of the Practice. All applicants must include cover letter for immediate consideration. Some of the job duties performed by the Associate Consultant include:
Manage salary survey data repository. Provide broad administrative support to Compensation Consultants. Perform job market pricing for clients. Assist with custom survey development, testing, and report generation. Prepare, print and bind client presentation materials. Develop formulas, data tables, and formatting within Microsoft Excel. Help create client materials in PowerPoint, MS Word, and similar applications. Travel with Consultants to client sites in support of presentations and workshops. Work with other internal departments in support of the Compensation practice. Maintain client information and assist in preparation of invoices. Other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate has: Strong Excel skills and willing to develop further. Good attention to detail and solid math skills. Logical thought process and critical thinking. Ability to communicate concepts in a simple, straightforward manner. Interest in developing their skillset, specifically within the compensation consulting industry. Solid office skills such as printing, copying, word processing, email, binding, etc. Capability to thrive in a dynamic workplace that can include long hours and occasional weekends. Requirements
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, or Human Resources preferred.
2. 1-3 years of administrative experience in a professional office environment strongly preferred.
3. Solid knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) with advanced knowledge of Excel, including advanced formatting and formula calculations.
4. High aptitude for mathematical calculations including multiplication, division and percentages.
5. Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines.
6. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
7. Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction.
8. Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels of responsibility. Ability to communicate professionally with clients.
9. Willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness in the compensation industry by successful completion of related classes and other training.
10. Willingness to learn and use new systems, processes, and procedures as the Compensation Practice evolves.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.