Job Type: Full-time
Leader Gasket is part of ERIKS worldwide, an international industrial service provider with more than 60 companies operating branches in 27 countries. Leader Gasket is a manufacturer of semi metallic gaskets with facilities in Deer Park, TX and Baton Rouge, LA. Leader has a deep commitment to servicing our distribution partners and, indirectly, our end use customers. As part of that commitment we have to attract and retain loyal and committed employees. Our business is highly labor intensive so developing a strong employee base is critical to our success.
The Human Resources Business Partner will have primary responsibility for providing leadership of HR function. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues. The successful HRBP will act as a culture champion and change agent. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our Corporate HR team and business management, the HRBP develops integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. This individual will exhibit enthusiasm, zeal and strong ethics based on honesty and integrity.
- Trusted strategic partner to senior leadership.
- Aligns the HR strategy and action plan with the business strategy.
- Acts as liaison between Leader and the ERIKS corporate structure
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Responsible for ensuring effective recruitment and hiring of external and internal candidates.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Supervise / Manage ongoing quality program and staff
- Oversee ISO Certification and compliance
- Review and direct process improvement
- Supervise / Manage ongoing safety program and progress
- Proactively promote safety awareness and compliance with policies
- Develop and promote an environment of employee commitment to safety and quality