Develops and evaluates, in coordination with department heads and CEO, programs, policies, methods and procedures. Directs all aspects of the cooperative’s employment, benefits administration, regulating compliance, and training functions. Administers the wage and salary plan. Supervise two employees.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of the cooperative’s policies and procedures, rules and regulations and reviews these periodically to determine if any revisions are needed.
- Develops work plan and budget for Human Resource Department.
- Studies area of insurance coverage to determine if adequate, meets changing operating conditions and makes recommendations to management concerning insurance rates available with various companies.
- Offers staff advice and assistance in the preparation of position descriptions and makes every effort to see that they are kept up to date.
- Administers the wage and salary plan, keeping up with labor surveys, fringe benefit programs and retirement.
- Administers EEOC and other related governmental programs. Informs management and staff of changes or revisions. Insures that the cooperative is in full compliance with civil rights laws.
- Receives employee applications, interviews applicants or offers advice to other staff doing interviews, making sure all federal and state laws are complied with.
- Interviews, selects and appraises personnel within the department, subject to review by CEO.
- Periodically reviews benefits package to insure cost effectiveness and appropriate structure to meet the needs of the Cooperative and employees.
- Maintains a complete personnel file for each employee in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Reviews completed performance appraisals to determine if they are being conducted properly and counsels with supervisors involved.
- Develops an orientation program for new employees to familiarize them with the objectives, policies, plans, programs and operations of rural electric cooperatives.
- Through the Job Safety & Training Coordinator, manages the Cooperatives Safety programs. Works with management to assess training needs, and reviews effectiveness of Cooperative sponsored training programs.
- Provides advice and guidance to Cooperative management in the area of employee relations. Acts as mediator in the event of employee / management disputes.
- Administers and keeps records for other internal programs such as wellness or health programs, drug testing, physicals, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be computer literate, with Microsoft Office skills preferred. Must be familiar with Laws, Rules and Regulations of governmental and regulatory agencies. Requires ability to work well with the public and employees. Must be willing to work irregular hours for work related projects.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, employees, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Word processing, Spreadsheets, Accounting software, Internet software, E-mail, Database software.
This position requires a minimum three years experience as human resources professional or other comparable related experience. Bachelor’s degree and certification by one of the professional human resources organizations preferred.
Excellent benefit package, including medical insurance, 401k and retirement plans. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Click APPLY NOW to submit resume