Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives.
For nine consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance."To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, checkLockton Market Update.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- 12-week paid parental leave
- A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
- Frequent athletic and wellness events
- Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
Lockton is currently looking for a Technical Services Assistant in Chicago.
Provide the Commercial Insurance Department with technical support by processing Certificates of Insurance and Auto ID Cards during the renewal and new business onboarding process. The TSA will also assist the unit in other technical and clerical duties as assigned.
- Assist in the renewal or new business process by:
- completing renewal certificates as directed by the respective account team
- preparing Auto ID cards for each power unit
- Save all general correspondence electronically
- Fulfill daily certificate requests as required for each client by following Lockton’s quality procedures to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of auto identification cards.
- Obtain flood determinations as needed by unit for insured locations
- Deliver Workers’ Compensation Posting Notices to each client as directed by the team to ensure their compliance with each states rules and regulations
- Prepare written correspondence and make calls to certificate holders and/or clients as needed in a timely professional manner
- Perform other clerical tasks in accordance with detailed instructions from account team
- Operate alphanumeric keyboard to enter data into system, and verify that keyed data is accurate, complete and conforms to established procedures.
- Make a positive contribution to client satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the clients
- Communicate in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
- Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position.
- May provide further assistance to unit during vacations or leaves of absence.
- May handle special projects for unit associates, as assigned from supervisor.
- Provide backup to front desk/switchboard as needed
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm with minimal errors.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- General understanding of commercial property/casualty coverages.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and effectiveness in insurance industry by successful completion of extended insurance education beyond continuing education requirements for licensing.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer terminal and keyboard, calculator, copier and facsimile machine.
- Ability to speak into and adequately hear voices from telephone equipment.
- Firm, fluent grasp of English language with above average verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.