Building futures is our business. Not only are we listed among the best colleges in the nation for undergraduate education, we are also located in a thriving metropolis that creates an ideal backdrop for learning and involvement in the community. The biggest reason to consider us for your next career is that we emphasize by doing. That means that, for every ounce of energy you put into your career, you'll receive even more in return. And while you're here, you'll be surrounded by faculty, staff and students that are invested in your success because it's tied to theirs. Everyone here realizes that our success is interconnected, and that is at the heart of everything we do!
Are you an entrepreneurial talent acquisition professional who is up to the challenge of fueling our growth? Do you have a "change the world" mentality? Then imagine what you can do working on a campus with a group of the brightest minds in a thriving culture of success! Our top-rated University is looking for a fast-paced, go-getter Director of Talent Acquisition & Employment to roll up their sleeves and lead the rapid growth of our team. You'll develop and implement an adaptable, full-life cycle recruiting strategy, including implementation of our first-ever online hiring system. This is a HANDS ON role with direct responsibility through the entire recruiting process. A successful Director will have best-in-class talent adviser skills and higher ed experience. You'll also have the need to have the ability to succeed in an agile, rapidly growing environment!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to oversee the development, implementation and delivery of best in class talent acquisition initiatives by aligning talent management with the University’s mission and strategic objectives
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of staff and student employees to executive effective HR strategies
- Coach and train management on leadership effectiveness regarding people management, inspiring confidence, social awareness and engagement
- Design and implement an amazing talent acquisition strategy to identify and attract the best candidates from across the nation
- Live and breathe our University's core values to successfully maintain our culture of innovation
- Bring fresh ideas and insight to advance the University's vision for the future
- Consult with leadership and take initiative to understand priorities to establish a long-range talent plan
- Manage the online hiring system and process to ensure efficiency, data integrity, and coordinate training for the campus
- Track talent acquisition metrics, budget/spending, and provide regular updates and reports to effectively manage department budget and hiring authority expectations
- Actively manage the employment hiring process for the University including offer letters, background investigations, I9s, international hiring, onboarding, and other employment related processes
Experience Guidelines and Qualifications:
- Minimum of (5) five years of talent acquisition experience including developing talent strategies
- Previous experience leading, developing and mentoring a successful team
- Experience with PeopleSoft, PageUp or similar, comprehensive HRIS and ATS software required
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing employment
- Experience in recruiting and staffing activities to meet OFCCP specifications is required
- Previous experience with building an applicant tracking system preferred
- Excellent communicator with interpersonal, presentation and networking skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to design creative differentiating strategies to attract and retain highly qualified candidates to the University
- Ability to achieve objectives and to quickly adjust course of emphasis, when needed, to reach goals
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrated success for technology and creative talent recruiting
- Customer-service focused
This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our full coverage benefits package is available to all full-time employees and includes health, dental, vision, a lucrative retirement package, short term and long term disability, access to a world-class fitness center with free weekly classes, and discounts on events, concerts and shows! We provide a generous vacation package with 20 days off to start PLUS additional sick and personal time including paid holidays and extended time off during December. Knowledge is power which is why we promote professional development and learning opportunities as well!
Sound like your next career?
Please submit your:
- Letter of Interest
- CompletedButler University employment application form available at
Application and completed materials should be submitted via email to
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
About this company
Butler University is a comprehensive, liberal arts-based institution with roughly 4400 students, located just seven miles from the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Named one of the "Best in the Midwest" by US News & World Report, Butler emphasizes a liberal arts-infused education that develops engaged citizens committed to making a positive difference in the world. The University offers an array of professional and pre-professional programs through six degree-granting colleges: Liberal Arts and Sciences, Business, Communication, Education, Fine Arts, and Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Founded in 1855 by abolitionist Ovid Butler, the University was the first in Indiana and the third in the U.S. to admit women on an equal basis with men, as well as one of the first universities to admit African-American students.