PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR –Quality Inspection - #13509
Syracuse, NY – 1st Shift
Receives regular supervision. Develops, implements and/or maintains assigned programs and/or systems for Quality Inspection department. Plans, coordinates and conducts standard and non-standard projects. Responsible for interpreting policy, and evaluating and modifying existing processes/standard work as required and ensuring they are most cost effective. Typically works under warehouse conditions. Regularly spends significant amounts of time working in front of computer terminal.
- Conceives, develops and implements projects to improve total productivity in support of Safety, Quality, and Productivity Teams.
- Participates in or assists in directing activities to improve products, processes and/or equipment through application of Kaizen techniques, including Product/Process Preparation events.
- Provides support to Continuous Improvement through the active participation in various Kaizen events (shop floor, business process, and/or product/process preparation).
- Develops inspection specifications, implements and maintains programs and/or systems to meet department needs.
- Reviews reports and/or data and provides analyses, summaries and resulting action plans.
- Plans, coordinates and/or conducts standard and non-standard projects or project segments.
- Exchanges information and resolves issues with multiple internal departments, management and/or outside organizations over a variety of program/project related issues.
- Provides leadership, support and advice to lower level personnel (typically non-exempt) in order to successfully complete projects.
- Analyzes current practices/procedures and makes recommendations/decisions for change.
- Maintains records with appropriate supporting material. Updates records as necessary.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Prior business system experience in SAP and Warehouse Management Systems for inventory transactions/control helpful.
Requires general business knowledge as would typically be acquired in a Bachelor’s degree. Three (3) or more years of experience in work related field is required. Some project management experience is preferred. Excellent analytical ability to modify existing procedures or techniques is required. Needs strong interpersonal, and project management skills as has regular contact inside and outside company where required to influence and resolve project related issues. Needs to be able to work in team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability. Needs to be able to cope with stresses and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Raymond Corporation is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability