Technical Writer Position at the
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Nuremberg, Germany)
In an International Evidence-Based Research Project
For the Creation of a World Giftedness Center (WGC) in
One technical writer position as
is to be filled as of 1 November 2017 (or
later) for two years (24 months, with the option
of extending the position by two additional years) for a joint
research project focused on the evidence-based investigation,
conceptualization, and creation of a virtual World Giftedness
Center (WGC). The scientific writer position will be located at the
Department of Educational Psychology and Excellence Research at the
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Nuremberg, Germany).
The position will be fulltime and run for two years (until 31
October 2019, with the option of extending the position until 31
October 2021). Salary and benefits for the position are according
to the German pay scale TV-L 13 (West).
Description of the Research Project
The goal of the research project is the evidence-based
development of an international World Giftedness Center (WGC)—to be
located in Dubai—as a virtual center that will offer youth,
parents, educators, researchers, and other educational stakeholders
a variety of scientifically developed, pedagogically sound
resources for understanding and nurturing individuals’ gifts and
talents on all continents. The WGC will bring together and make
available the best existing knowledge and practices the world has
to offer on giftedness and make this knowledge readily available to
all interested parties from around the world to the ends of
improving education and research practices related to the
development of excellence. The research project will, furthermore,
offer best-practice gifted education experiences as a means of
putting its own ideas on gifted education into action to the
benefit of the world’s youth.
The scientific writer will be a key member of the project team
working to make this vision into a reality.
For the technical writer, the following basic requirements
- You hold a tertiary degree at the Bachelor level (Level 6 in
the ISCED 2011 categorization) or higher from a recognized
university or equivalent institution of higher learning.
- You have a proven track record of excellent writing in
- At least 70% of your K–12 education and the coursework for at
least one postsecondary degree took place in English while you were
residing in an English-speaking country.
- You have a passion for detail-oriented, accurate writing and
revising in English.
- You are enthusiastic about the overall goal of the research
- You are willing to take part in media production (e.g. teaching
videos, podcasts,…) as speaker and/or presenter
- You are willing to live and work in Germany.
- You enjoy working with people from heterogeneous cultural
- You have experience with and the ability to enjoy intensive,
high-commitment teamwork on outcomes with deadlines.
The following specific additional requirements also apply:
- A field of tertiary study with clear relevance for your work as
a scientific writer or a professional track record that documents
an equivalent amount of science literacy
- A proven track record of excellent writing and editing of texts
on scientific topics in English for specialist and/or
- A willingness to record yourself reading scientific or
education writings aloud for project work (e.g., for
Applications should include:
- Uncertified copies of all university-level and high school
transcripts. Should you be offered a position, you will be
required, on short notice, to then provide certified copies (or
sealed original records) of all transcripts.
- Writing samples (maximum 10 pages)
- References and/or letters of recommendations
- A brief audio recording of you reading a text in English out
loud (maximum 65 seconds)
We look forward to receiving your application in English
via e-mail to Mr. Marold Reutlinger (Marold.Reutlinger@fau.de; one
pdf file and one audio file) by the end of 26.10.2017 (Central