Job Description Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle. JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
- Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Trains personnel on system usage.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Deep skills in implementation of Big Data Landscape
- Hands on administration with Hortonworks HADOOP
- Deep working knowledge in use of open source tools such as; Sqoop, Hive, HBase, Pig, Oozie, ZooKeeper, Flume, Ambari
- Working knowledge of MySQL with a familiarity of beeline and hive queries
- Knowledge of network monitoring and tools
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Skill in software installation and maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
The candidate must have excellent hands on knowledge of Hortonworks Hadoop, UNIX/Linux operating systems as wells as storage configurations. Skills include proven experience with data architecture methodologies and principles such as data modeling and exposure to large complex organization. JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Expert/lead technical role. Expert knowledge of the field. Develops large and/or highly complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or technical leader/consultant. Works on complex tasks, projects or issues that involve a high degree of risk, impacts business unit performance and makes use of the individual’s high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty. Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires eight (8) or more years of demonstrated experience with large distributed database systems,
two to four (2-4) years of experience with multi-gigabyte or multi-terabyte databases in Data Warehouses, and experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer