Opus Agency is a fast paced, high technology, growing event agency. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
The Event Manager position is responsible for full scale event management, client communications, and internal Opus department coordination for small to medium expos, sponsor management, roadshows, incentives, and other event types as needed. Critical skills in this position include understanding event cycles, managing budgets, excellent verbal and written communication, and collaboration across internal and external teams.
NOTE: This role will be based out of the Portland, OR area and we will not consider remote applicants.
- Manage various components of an event including: venue management, catering management, travel and lodging management, etc.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues, vendors, clients, and contractors
- Remains adaptable and flexible while working within teams
- Financial/budget management on behalf of a client
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing events
- Demonstrated event project management skills with all event components
- Experience with budget management and financial tracking
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong computer and technology skills, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, a summer BBQ series, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!
Please apply via the URL provided below. Email applications will not be accepted. Thank you.