We are currently seeking a highly skilled Carpenter to construct, erect, install, and/or repair structures and fixtures made of wood e.g. concrete forms and building frameworks, including partitions, joists, studding, and rafters, wood stairways, window, and door frames. Applicants should also be skilled in the installation of hardwood floors. Additional skills such as installing cabinets, siding, drywall and batt or roll insulation are also a plus.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products, possessing great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. Good working knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials and the use of all necessary tools is a must. S/he should be capable of working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards.
Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements.
- Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
- Able to build window frames, doors, staircases, brattices, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Able to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, cabinets, drywall, and insulation a plus
- Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible.
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
- Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other needed construction structures.
Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma.
- Significant work history as a Carpenter.
- Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials.
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools.
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and technical drawings.
- Willingness to comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Solid basic math skills.
- Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity.
Nordic Services, Inc. is a general contracting firm specializing in insurance restoration work such as fire and water damage repairs/re-building. We perform all types of catastrophe repairs, construction defect repairs and general remodeling. We have a historically lasting reputation for quality work.
Location/Region: Bremerton, WA