The Teacher serves as the instructional leader in a specified subject area; plans and implements an educational program for an assigned group of students in a Blended Classroom; facilitates learning in a classroom using an on-line curriculum; monitors individual student progress throughout the completion of an on-line curriculum; provides interventions for students who are not making adequate progress; provides interventions for students who have content area skill gaps; designs and presents performance tasks which require for students to apply and create knowledge; employs Cooperative/Collaborative Practices and Standard Operating Procedures to promote student autonomy and personalized learning; utilizes technology to communicate student progress and connect students with course resources; and; performs additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree and a Professional Educator’s license with Secondary endorsement
· Teaching experience in a Blended Classroom
· Must have passed Basic Skills test and Subject Matter test
· Must maintain current Illinois Certification with subject area endorsement
· Must demonstrate the experience, beliefs, attitude and awareness that indicate cultural sensitivity to the student population served
· Ability to partner with students individually, in family or in group, to help mobilize resources and inner capacity to address barriers to their success
· Knowledge of principles and practices of staff, school, and organizational development
· Reports to the Principal
Youth Connection Charter School (YCCS) provides high-performing high school options in 19 campuses across Chicago. YCCS serves youth ages 16 to 21, providing a better chance in contrast to traditional school environments where our students did not succeed or were failed by the system.