At Reyes Holdings, we are dedicated to being a global leader in food and beverage distribution by delivering unmatched value for our customers while creating an outstanding work environment for our employees. We offer competitive benefits, career growth opportunities and an engaging work environment for our employees.
The Enterprise Technology Architect reports to the Director of Architecture and Planning. This position is responsible for enterprise technology standards for the Reyes Holdings Information Technology group. It is a technical role directly facilitating the collaboration of engineering and operations teams in various technical areas, ensuring the delivery of enterprise technology platforms and services that align with enterprise standards and technology roadmaps. The candidate will provide a successful track record on enabling change through technology and the ability to dive deeply into underlying businesses and associated technologies. The individual will work closely with the business IT, planning, engineering, and operations to create solutions that scale and can be leveraged and supported broadly for a fast-growing global company. The role will work with Reyes corporate IT groups to ensure compliance with corporate processes, policies and standards. The ideal candidate must have both leadership and technical prowess to effectively and efficiently manage a broad range of technologies and collaborate with cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Is organized with strong time management and communication skills.
- Is highly customer focused - sets a high priority for accomplishing business objectives.
- Looks for opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Promotes diversity of ideas.
- Manages multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed without sacrificing quality or deviating from standards and procedures.
- Takes a pragmatic approach with the ability to establish priorities aligned with IT and Business objectives.
- Handles difficult situations with directness and integrity.
- Takes a global perspective, searching for solutions and driving continuous improvement while constantly raising the bar to stretch own and others' levels of achievement.
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Dives into operations to triage situations and provide valuable outcomes through problem and performance analysis.
- Responsible for the development/update, communication, adoption and governance of the enterprise technology principles, standards and guidelines.
- Serve as a technology architecture advisor to the engineering and operations teams as they develop and update their IT capability roadmaps, technology roadmaps, and technology lifecycle roadmaps.
- Identify major disruptive technology and non-technology trends that affect the business and provide recommendations to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
- innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations.
- Lead proof-of-technology evaluations, helping to create new technology platform and services and integrating the best of these into steady-state operations for the organization.
- Partner with engineering and operations to deliver enterprise solutions that adhere to enterprise standards, support capabilities, and align with future strategy.
- Build rapport and trust with IT and business unit stakeholders through transparency and integrity.
- Collaborate with engineering and operations to address and remediate planned and unplanned system outages and incidents as it relates to architecture or planning gaps.
- Work closely with the IT Security team to insure overall security of all engineered solutions is addressed.
- Ensure solution architecture developed by engineering aligns with roadmaps and requirements.
- Work with engineering to design infrastructure platforms that provide enterprise scale and maximum stability.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve process, technology, and people.
- Facilitate the adoption of enterprise technology and processes across all IT teams.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support the integration of acquisitions by developing a scalable and repeatable infrastructure delivery models.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or equivalent (additional four years) IT architecture experience.
- 8+ years in the IT Industry including technical support, engineering and/or IT project management.
- 5+ years' experience of leading and managing IT projects and virtual teams within a technical engineering, operations or shared services environment
- Recent working knowledge and management skills for cloud, server, network, storage, virtualization, datacenter, backups, end user devices, application delivery, data protection, backups, middleware, and identity.
- Recent working knowledge, skill and/or experience with Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure, Office 365), Linux, Cisco technologies (router, switches), and VMware virtualization technologies.
- Recent working knowledge of evolving IT technologies and processes (DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, Internet of Things, etc.)
- Demonstrated influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand business priorities and to contribute to the development of pragmatic roadmaps that align with business and IT priorities and requirements.
- Capability and experience to provide technical and project leadership of large IT projects independently as well as participating in multi-phase projects.
- Strong ability to clearly document system design elements including use of appropriate documentation tools
- Ability to gather and summarize product information, quotations, and technical design information from multiple IT landscapes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Team player, able to work with other IT teams in a dynamic, fast moving IT Department.
- Ability to analyze data and produce management level reports to enable quick and accurate decision making.
- Ability to work extended hours or weekends as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
- Experience in IT/IS technologies across a broad spectrum of infrastructure platforms, DevOps/automation, and security
- Experience in food and beverage distribution industry
Physical demands and work environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Location/Region: Des Plaines, IL