Jr. Cost Accountant - Med Device Industry
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Pay Rate: $40/hr
Start Date: ASAP
12 month Contract Role (Strong Potential to Convert)
Job Category: Finance
On behalf of our Medical Device industry client we are seeking an 'Jr. Cost Accountant' for a contract assignment with strong potential to convert or get extended. Our client's business is an exciting new area of growth focused on the full continuum of out-of-hospital care settings. The team is building a global portfolio of connected software and services designed to drive more choices and better outcomes for patients and providers.
The right candidate will be asked to maintain and implement effective inventory cost accounting system and procedures. Also, they will do in-depth analysis of the factory reports & procedures, identify and report areas of inefficiencies
- Performs to individual goals established during performance reviews and/or goal setting meetings.
- Maintain & implement effective cost accounting methods & procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile effective fixed assets.
- Prepare cost estimates of new or proposed products.
- Maintain accurate standard costs of products.
- Compile reliable & accurate factory labor and overhead rates.
- Compile cost data for preparation of factory budgets and compare to actuals.
- Monthly in-depth analysis of factory reports & variances.
- Analysis and review of manufacturing activities to achieve reliable and accurate costs.
- Develop & improve methods of calculating and controlling costs
- Preparation of Monthly Reports
- Ad-hoc Reports and projects
- Weekly Check Processing for payables.
- Account Receivable processing and control.
- Intercompany activity coordination with other company entities.
- Petty Cash management.
- Coordinate inventory Cycle Count activities.
- Manage Fixed Asset related reporting and functions including preparation of monthly fixed asset “roll forwards” program.
- Participates in coordination and preparation of annual budgets and regular forecasts.
- Compiles cost data for preparation of factory budgets and compare to actual results.
- Liaison between branches and Corporate related to external tax reporting (I.e. Sales Tax)
- Develops and enhances Excel models for Reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting needs.
- Prepares monthly in-depth analysis of factory reports & variances.
- Research discrepancies of material-related transactions.
- Organizes financial information and analyzes variances to determine present and future financial performance.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations as assigned, including but not limited to expense accounts reconciliation
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas to provide financial guidance
Skills / Education:
- Requires a minimum B.S/.B.A. in Accounting/Finance and 5 years of manufacturing cost accounting or as deemed appropriate by the Senior Management.
- Vantage and Oracle experience preferred but not required. CMA and/or CPA a plus.
- Must have Manufacturing Cost Accounting Experience
- Good understanding of accounting theory and analytical capabilities along with effective organization and communication skills required.
- Auditing skills with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Preserves confidential information
- Reads understands and adheres to appropriate company and department policies and procedures to
- ensure legal compliance, safe and productive workplace and quality products and customer service.
- Inventory Costing
- Stock control/ management
- Good business acumen
- Effective Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be well organized and deliver to timelines
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF version to be considered.
The TPS Group, www.tpsmithgroup.com, is a recruiting and staffing firm that is a trusted recruiting partner to top companies across the U.S.
Location/Region: Chatsworth, CA