JOB SUMMARY: Load trucks with a forklift, transport product, skids, etc. around the facility. May also be asked to drive our box truck. Also must be able to meet or surpass production and quality standards.
1. Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
2. Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
3. Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
4. Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
5. Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair
6. Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
7. Forklift driving
8. Has proven experience using Microsoft Office products: Word, Email, Excel, will work with manufacturing software.
9. Daily checks of forklift equipment
- Organizes, directs temporary labor in working area as needed.
- Adhere to all QC Policies and Procedures.
- Accurate load tags
- Follow all GMP’s
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keep other production employees informed as to shift plans and progress.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effective function in pressure situations.
Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing packaging materials. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of product or even bags of refuse. You will be required to wear safety glasses during sanitation. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle objects or things, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a normal packaging atmosphere and the situations that it may expose (noise, temperatures, etc.).
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable. Requires bending, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- May be required from time to time to lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- May be required from time to time to push/pull up to 250 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Letterhead Press, an industry leader in print finishing & packaging is looking for well qualified applicants for this position.