We are seeking a seasoned Medical Billing Specialist (certified coder) for a busy practice of two Providers in Podiatry (George Dieter location opening soon!). Must have background or experience in a medical setting (private practice or hospital). The candidate should be a team player, ability to take initiative and multi task. This is a full time position, part time not available. Bilingual is preferred but not required. Please review the essential job function and you MUST meet the Position Requirements (certification must be attained within 90 days of employment).
The following description of job responsibilities and performance expectations is intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Keys charge information into entry program and produces billing.
- Processing of insurance claims including Medicare/Medicaid, Managed care and other commercial
- Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge including appropriate clinical documentation.
- Researches all information needed to complete billing process including getting charge information from physicians.
- Works closely with Providers to ensure appropriate language in EMR templates are acceptable for billing practices.
- Processes all insurance provider’s correspondence, signature, and insurance forms.
- Processes and distributes copies of billings according to clinic policies.
- Follow-up with insurance companies and ensures claims are paid/processed.
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response or are not on file.
- Works with other staff to follow-up on accounts until zero balance.
- Assists in error resolution and claim status.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, and files.
- Participates in educational activities, trainings or seminars.
- May assist with special projects for office manager or administrator.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Education - High school graduate or equivalent with good computer application experience, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experience – At least one (1) year of insurance billing and general office duty experience required. Employee will have knowledge and experience with claims processing and will possess an aptitude for accuracy, good judgment and initiative. Employee will have a clear understanding of all account or invoice level activities for analysis and problem solving tasks.
- Certifications: Must be a certified coder through the National Healthcareer Association, or other recognized coding institution. May attain certification within 90 days of employment and proof must be provided upon registering for certification.
- Knowledge of billing practices including clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of insurance industry.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type correspondence.
- Skill in computer programs, spreadsheets, application and EMR or Practice Management systems.
- Skill in using a calculator
- Skill in typing 40 wpm.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
- Ability to prepare documents in response to complaints and inquiries.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to read, understands, and follows oral and written instruction.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetical or numeric system.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with others.
Please see our website at www.thefootinstitute.com for further information.
Thank you for you interest with The Foot Institute.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Medical Billing And Coding experience do you have?
- Are you able to work in El Paso, TX 79912
Our practice is dedicated to providing quality foot and ankle care to patients of all ages. We believe that prompt diagnosis, early intervention and prevention are essential for the care and treatment of your feet. We provide a full range of podiatric medical care including both conservative and surgical therapies.
Location/Region: El Paso, TX