Come join our growing community!
Reporting to the Activities Director or Property Sales & Club Manager, the Marina attendant is a vital position for the Wave Health Club staff. This position is responsible for carrying out the maintenance processes of the Marina and focusing on the upkeep of Marina. The Marina Attendant provides positive impressions of the community to existing and prospective residents in order to enhance and maintain excellent curb appeal.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customers.
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Follows and maintains the exterior preventative maintenance programs and
- Schedules established within the company.
- Check equipment in and out to the residents.
- Ensure equipment is returned within reserved rental time.
- Obtain TAVA Waters Resident ID card for use of equipment.
- Train/assist residents with equipment.
- Perform open/close checklist.
- Enforce no alcohol on boats.
- Ensure returned items are in good condition and take appropriate action if not.
- Provides waivers for residents to sign when necessary.
- Maintain accurate daily reservation schedules.
- Maintain cleaning schedule for the Marina.
- Assists at wave desk as needed.
- Physically walks and inspects Marina dock on a daily basis to remove all trash and debris.
- Assists with activities and events as scheduled.
- Politely enforce all Company, Club House, and Health Club rules and regulations.
- Put up closure signs as weather deems necessary.
- Handle all customer service issues within 24 hours.
- Adhere to work schedule and make necessary arrangements to ensure coverage.
- Inform management when supplies are low or equipment needs repair.
- Must fill out timesheet daily and submit as scheduled.
- Knowledgeable in health club and Marina operations to act as back up when necessary.
- Ensure all co-workers and residents follow proper safety procedures and rules.
- CPR training preferred.
- Outgoing personality.
- Maintaining safety procedures.
- Stay up to date on safety training.
- Uniforms must be worn daily, including weekends.
- All equipment must be stored properly each night.
• 18 years of age or older
• High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
• CPR Training Preferred
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work functions
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn and institute BH and industry standards
• A positive, team-oriented attitude
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
This position will use tools/equipment as necessary; hand tools, motor-powered tools/equipment, and cleaning equipment.
May work in a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving equipment, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that include one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: outdoor odors, dust, mists, mold or mildew. BH requires all personnel who work with or around all substances to follow all company and industry safety standards.
The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds w/assistance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms: stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers may be required. The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required.
Personal Protective Equipment necessary: Life Vest
Visual/Hearing Capabilities: The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. Normal visual acuity required to perform tasks and use equipment. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedules may vary). Some overtime may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 2,100-plus employees.
With revenues now surpassing $500 million annually, BH Companies have come a long way in a short time. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
If we do our job well, renters become long-term residents, directly impacting profitability. As a result, we are ever vigilant about the interests of partners and clients, carefully balancing dollars invested against anticipated return. By adhering to these guidelines, BH Companies has enjoyed continuous growth and outstanding performance for well over a decade.
Our mission continues: We’re all about creating value.