Position: Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $14-$15 based on Experience
Available Schedule(s): 9:30am – 6PM OR 10am – 6:30PM
Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
Weekly Electronic Pay
Location: Wheeling, IL
Requirements of the Inspection:
· AT least one-year related experience and/or training
· Must have familiarity with PC's and Microsoft applications.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
· Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk in a Manufacturing environment in Wheeling, IL. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the daily input and maintenance of all data entry information as it pertains to the various Shipping/Receiving functions. Associate is also required to communicate any materials and related document issues to the affected Customer Focus Team. In addition to receiving responsibilities, associate will follow daily sales order and shipping schedule, as required, following policies and shipping procedures to ensure correct quantity and product shipment to customer. Associate will observe all ISO related processes, including ESD procedures. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be properly attired in ESD protective wear, such as company issued smocks, heel straps and eyeglasses, required for safe handling purposes. Job requires testing and logging in documented use of ESD heel straps before entering assigned work area.
Job duties include the following:
· Daily receipt of all incoming shipments
· Using Oracle, verify that all packing lists contain valid information, i.e. quantity, ordered/ shipped, vendor, P.O. number and receipt date.
· Receive and transfer all "outside processing" material from locator "05" to the proper "01" bin location and submit to Inspection/ Quality for approval, if necessary.
· Physically transfer all Receiving NCR's to NCR room. Also, using Oracle, transfer material to "QUAR" location.
· Enter all Receiving NCR's into Access database and quarantine corresponding material in the NCR room.
· On a daily basis, communicate to Customer Focused Teams all Receiving discrepancies.
· Prioritize all "Hot" material, i.e. Shortage sheet items with Inspection/ Quality.
· Unload trucks containing daily deliveries for Receiving, Production, etc.-
· Using the daily receiving report, employee is to compile and print all Cell “put-away” sheets.
· Assist Inspection/ Quality with any Receiving discrepancies.
· Review schedule check for special shipping instructions, pack product according to standards, when needed, and fill out appropriate logs and reports.
· Contact various freight/delivery companies per customer/ supplier requirements for product shipment and delivery.
· Communicate with CSRs, Coaches, and cell Captains regarding daily shipments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials.
· Using Oracle, enter all relevant shipping information, i.e. customer P.O., order quantity, etc.
· Loading and unloading of trucks, as required.
· Assist with other Receiving/Shipping functions upon completion of assigned duties.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Observe all applicable ISO Standards and their related procedures.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration or call 1-847-640-6618. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry for over 65 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States.
Keywords: Shipping, Receiving,
Snelling will take time to personally interview you in order to understand your personality and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of recruiting experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.