We are seeking a Pharmacy Floor Technician to became a part of our team! You will assist in the preparation of medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
The Pharmacy Floor Technician picks, labels, scans and otherwise prepares the finished prescription for final verification by a pharmacist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist
• Assists in processing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure
• Assist in prepacking frequently ordered medications, label and store, as needed during low volume times
• Packages materials and products manually
• Pull/pick medications from shelving and other medication storage areas (prepack racks)
• Applies labels to blistercards or artromick boxes then scans product for accuracy check
• Alerts pharmacist on duty of any medication/product that is not scanning properly
• Maintains designated workstation areas and replenishes all stock supplies needed
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPPA
• Overtime, holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected
• Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
• Other duties as assigned
• Attention to detail
• Collaboration Skills
• Decision Making
• Performance Management
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Technical Capacity
There is no supervisory responsibility for this position.
This position operates in a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacy equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rolling carts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in the long-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawl intermittently
• May be necessary to work extended hours as needed
• May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The is no travel expected for this position
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Must be registered Pharmacy Technician in the applicable State
• One year or more of Long Term Care or Retail pharmacy experience preferred but not necessary
• Ability to work at a moderate speed
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Someone reliable and will be able to work during inclement weather
• Registered technician or registration should be in the process
Behind every script there is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is a seamless pharmacy experience. At PharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision, persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents, patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.