SCI Construction is currently looking to for an assistant superintendent to support the superintendent or Senior Superintendent in one or more operational areas of a construction project. This position may support the coordination and scheduling of multiple construction crews, helps to determine construction requirements, plans procedures and ensures subcontract work meets required specifications. The position will also participate in the inspection of work and equipment to verify safety and ensure project operations specifications are met. In this role you may be required to travel up to 100% of the time.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Assists with the scheduling and coordination of subcontractors and materials.
- Maintains production levels to meet the construction production schedule.
- Assures that the quality is of the highest standard.
- Confirms OSHA, NFPA and all other related safety code compliance.
- Coordinates to assure that all inspection procedures and building code requirements is met.
- Helps to maintain a set of “As-Built” drawings for all design documents and turnover to the Project Manager upon completion of the project.
- Monitors the work to make certain we are receiving the materials specified.
- Properly schedules, receives, and safely stores materials purchased by The NRP Group.
- Reports any accidents to the main office immediately and prepare an accident report.
- Attends job site subcontractor and job site safety meetings.
- Inspects site for safety hazards and notify subcontractors or appropriate authority of it.
- Confers with the Project Superintendent on daily problems that may arise.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
· 3-5 years of experience in construction or college construction graduate
· General knowledge of scheduling, cost control and safety procedures
· General Computer skills (MS Office)
· Valid Driver's License
SCI Construction is a family owned business specializing in the construction and development of senior living projects and general commercial construction. We are interested in a sharp, driven individual who is organized, detailed oriented, able to work with others and able to keep to a schedule. We offer competitive pay, vehicle and phone allowance and a bonus program.
Location/Region: San Marcos, TX