TKK LLC, a premier contractor with contracts at multiple DOE facilities as well as private industry, is currently looking for highly motivated and well qualified candidates to support the success of our customers mission. The requirements may include that the candidate must be able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals for the position, a drug screen, and a background investigation under clearance requirements from the Department of Energy. The successful candidate must be a US citizen and at least 18 years of age. The employee will take day to day work direction from technical personnel to be determined per job at the site location.
TKK LLC has an opening for a Project Manager/Construction Manager. Under minimal direction, this position has full technical and administrative responsibility for execution of Project Management/Construction Management and affects the sites structure, systems and components related to the construction/facility infrastructure environment/demolition. The candidate applies intensive and diversified knowledge of construction processes and principles in the execution of construction projects. The candidate interacts with various levels of personnel, Department of Energy (DOE), Private Industry, Security, and Hazards Controls, ES&H technicians, outside vendors and contractors. This job opening is not limited to the description above.
This position may require the Project Manager/Construction Manager have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Bid preparation of specifications, drawings, budgets, schedules, submittals, RFI’s, etc.
- Plans, coordinates, inspects and directs the operations for all assigned construction projects; including planning, directing and coordinating the efficient use of manpower, materials and equipment.
- Responsible for meeting project and/or facility requirements to ensure proper and efficient operation and adherence to security, environmental, health and safety regulations and construction codes.
- Creates and reviews job orders, change orders and their estimates for authorization.
- Acquires all pertinent permits and changes as required by specific project.
- Previews all drawings and job orders for delivery to clients or for construction.
- Responsible for project job order/construction budget.
- Provide project schedules and resource loading.
- Ensures projects are inspected for work quality, design requirements, and assurance as well as for counterfeit materials.
- Participate as a team member for design reviews; attend all necessary meetings on current and upcoming projects.
- Conduct project status meetings; coordinate project schedule, status and budget between the contractor and client; confirm and coordinate milestones and job needs.
- Reviews and authorizes material orders and ensures arrival and distribution in a timely manner.
- Prepares and follows through on final job acceptance ensuring final punch list items are resolved.
- Review and accept as-built drawings.
- Keep knowledgeable of the latest maintenance/construction technologies, codes, laws and regulations, environmental requirements, DOE Orders and all principals of ISM (Integrated Safety Management)
- Assure all assignments are performed in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including DOE and ES&H policies and procedures, Security requirements, Integrated Safety Management, Work Smart Standards and Facilities and Infrastructure business plans and safety culture.
- Ensure customer needs/issues are resolved and communicated in an effective and timely manner. This job opening is not limited to the duties as described above.
- Act as Project Manager/Construction Manager when needed.
- Back up other Project Managers/Construction Managers when needed.
This job opening is not limited to the marginal duties as described above.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, Project Manager/Construction Management or equivalent experience with extensive Project Management/Construction Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction methods materials and codes; safety standards; federal state and local codes, laws and regulations; demonstrated ability to read and understand design drawings.
- Experience coordinating and tracking projects as well as supervising and directing work processes and workers in a highly regimented environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISM, ES&H policies and procedures and security regulations.
- Experience managing project/construction budgets.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, team building, problem solving skills and decision making skills using a high degree of independent discretion and judgment to define project approaches and create and implement original solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; make presentations to small and medium sized groups.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all levels of scientific, technical and administrative personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a variety of concurrent activities.
- Experience with personal computers and applicable software such as MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Scheduling Software
This job opening is not limited to the Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities as described above.
*Benefits Include Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays.
*ALL Benefits and Compensation packages are negotiable.
*This job may require travel within California and outside.