Responsible for developing the strategy, vision, and business plans for the business operations. Responsible for directing Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heath (D-HH) Pharmacy business and financial management services and programs which encompasses multiple areas such as pharmacy supply chain, 340 program, and medication assistance programs and optimization of those programs. Executes a collaborative approach to support ongoing program growth which is sustainable and compliant with all related State and Federal rules and regulations through work with other system pharmacy, supply chain, and finance leaders.
1. Provides leadership and oversight of all pharmacy financial programs and services within the system. Develops programs, goals and objectives consistent with those of the D-HH system and D-HH Pharmacy Services overall strategic plans and initiatives.
2. Directs financial and operational metrics and systems to manage and optimize the financial performance of the overall pharmacy business line in support of the Senior Pharmacy Leadership Team.
3. Responsible for the oversight and direction of the Procurement and Contracting processes (Pharmacy Supply Chain) for Pharmacy services and data analytics in its respective business lines.
4. Oversees and directs patient assistance programs for hospital and clinic/retail based programs.
5. Assists Pharmacy leadership in the planning, monitoring and managing of the department budget. Performs financial analysis to ensure adherence to the departmental budget.
6. Ensures that the pharmacy has a strong revenue cycle process, optimizing billing and charging with updated charge masters and data analytics and works closely with pharmacy IT team in coordination of this work.
7. Responsible for the pharmacy supply chain and contract management functions including oversight of inventory, budget development and other aspects related to medication procurement and distribution and capital planning needs for pharmacy service lines.
8. Supports the development and evaluation of system policies and procedures, and assures all facilities in prevue are similarly engaged. Supports development, when necessary of Standard Operating Procedures enabling facility compliance with system standards. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulatory agency standards. Accurately and completely documents patient assessment data and clinical interventions.
9. Manages staff and leadership resources by overseeing the recruiting, selecting, hiring, and orienting of qualified individuals. Additionally, supports a comprehensive approach to professional development of staff. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Develops core position hiring strategies. Creates a cohesive pharmacy team, both at locally and system wide levels, committed to providing operational, clinical and service quality to all customers.
10. Establishes a succession process/plan for development of leadership positions and increased staff engagement that improves communications, builds teamwork, and optimizes job functions to maximize efficiency.
11. Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
12. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
MS in Healthcare Leadership/Healthcare Management, MBA or other advanced degree.
10 years of health care system experience (of which 5 must be pharmacy supervisory/management experience and past experience with 340B), or the equivalent required.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and possess the ability to set priorities and make critical decision.
Managerial effectiveness, problem solving, and change management abilities desired.
Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated interpersonal and team skills essential.
Ability to travel up to 50% of time. Most travel is within system and regionally.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION SKILLS:
Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of Pharmacy
Current unrestricted NH licensure (or licensed within 90 days of hire)
Location/Region: Lebanon, NH