St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.The Environmental Services Aide performs the general and aseptic cleaning and sanitizing of patient rooms, auxiliary room and other specified areas throughout the hospital, using proper cleaning guidelines and procedures.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses appropriate cleaning supplies and chemical according to departmental procedures.
- Cleans and prepares patient rooms, beds, stretchers, other assigned areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scrubs, mops, and buffs floor.
- Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Cleans glass interior windows, woodwork, toilets, washrooms, and fixtures.
- Cleans sinks in kitchen and cleans tables and dining area.
- Removes trash from areas to designated trash stations.
- Uses safe and proper cleaning procedures.
- Ability to follow all applicable schedules, sanitation and safety requirements.
- Attends 85% of Environmental Services Department monthly staff meetings annually.
- Maintains assigned area in a neat, clean and sanitary condition.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Walks for up to 6-7 hours/day; 1 to 4 hours at a time. Stands for 1-2 hours/day; 0 to 1 hours at a time. Occasional firm grasping. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Occasionally carries up to 50 lbs. Frequent pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs. Occasionally stoop, bend, squat and kneel. Occasional crouching. Frequently reaches above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation and seeing as it relates to general and near vision.
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Three to six months of experience in housekeeping in either a hospital or institutional setting preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Bethlehem, PA