We have an opportunity for the position CAD Designer/Engineer with the location
If interested please send your updated resume to
Job Title : CAD Designer/Engineer
Location : Troy, MI
Duration : 1 Year+
Under minimum supervision, this individual will direct manage and perform all
CAD Design Engineering and Product Development responsibilities for the North
American Operations. This position is responsible for all technical aspects of
the design and engineering programs for the North America.
Duties to include but not limited to:
* A minimum of ten years of related work experience required in an
engineering, automotive, or manufacturing environment.
* Work experience from an automotive Tier I supplier is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and working with
programs from concept to production.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD& T)
principles, part tolerance, stack-up of tolerances calculations and math
data management skills.
* Knowledge of automotive industry standards and procedures strongly
* Solid knowledge of manufacturing and tooling of aluminum die cast/
aluminum extrusion/aluminum stamping/injection molding and operational
* Class A design experience designing and engineering metal / plastic
exterior decorative automotive trim greenhouse parts made of anodized,
stretch bent aluminum and powder coated/wet painted steel.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Class A evaluation-Approval, Class A
modifications-repairs and be able to create A surface.
* Demonstrated knowledge of FEA and CAE Analysis.
* Experience with parts such as Door Belt Moldings, Window Moldings, Drip
Moldings, Roof Ditch Moldings, A, B & C-Pillar Covers, Divider/Window
Guides, Quarter Window Moldings, Molded in Color & Painted Injection
Molding Components and Roof Racks.
* Interface with customers designers/engineers to resolve open issues.
* Interface with Program Managers and Quality Engineers to make sure all
design/engineering criteria are met to meet customer expectations.
* Attend customer and internal design reviews and cross functional
* Attend customer build events to ensure proper fit of parts to vehicle and
then able to work with customers for any changes required.
* Present designs and reports to customers or design committees for
approval, and discuss need for modification.
* Work with colleagues to create timelines relative to design and
* Work closely with colleagues in Germany to complete customer design work.
* Able to be self-motivated to complete assigned tasks and take initiative
to complete open items.
* Able to travel to Germany for periods of time up to 6 8 weeks for
training. Additional follow up trips for training and meetings as
* Understand OEM release systems and have good working knowledge on how to
use them. Items such as math data release, WO system, etc.
* Interface with Gage Engineers to ensure gages meet GD&T
* Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as
appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/
methods, and market characteristics.
* Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce
production problems when needed.
* Research production specifications, costs, production materials and
manufacturing methods, and provide cost estimates and itemized production
* Great customer skills are an absolute must!
* Able to travel to plant in Alabama as required to meet with customers and
* A highly / self-motivated candidate will have a lot of opportunity for
growth in this position and company
* Performs research, testing, data gathering, measurements, or engineering
analysis in an office, laboratory or manufacturing environment.
Incumbents routinely handle complex engineering assignments and
participate as strong contributors on cross-functional teams.
o Required to lead projects or assignments of significant scope
without supervision unless issues require escalation to a
management level. Designs tests or experiments to support project
o Independently experiments, compiles data and analyzes results.
Makes recommendations for project or team review.
* Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Project
* Strong experience using Catia and NX very latest software in an
automotive manufacturing and Engineering Industry.
* Able to meet customer need within the company cost structure
* High attention to details
* Able to effectively communicate with affected departments
* Bachelor s degree in a STEM discipline
* Any relevant training or experience will be considered a plus
Work Experience and Technical Skills:
* 10+ years hands on design, engineering and product development experience
with the latest versions of Catia and NX software with Tier 1 or OEM is
* Experience working with Ford and / or Honda
* Candidates must have experience on Class A evaluation-Approval, Class A
modifications-repairs and be able to create A surface.
* Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical
equipment, dies, tools, and controls.
* Knowledge of FEA and CAE Analysis.
* GD&T Experience.
* German language skills a plus
* Class A Exterior Decorative Trim Design Experience is a must!
* Experience in the supplier side of the automotive sector.
* Direct and coordinate the fabrication of models or samples and the
drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches.
Thanks & Regards,
Senior Technical Recruiter l TTi Global
3155 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy, MI 48084
Email ID :
Location/Region: Troy, MI