Located in the beautiful foothills of Western North Carolina, Bonnie Brae Veterinary Hospital is set halfway between Asheville, NC and Greenville, SC metropolitan areas. This area offers the best of both worlds - quaint small town feel with an abundance of nearby amenities.
Our three doctor small animal hospital offers exceptional, compassionate patient care. This is a thriving practice with a well-established, dedicated clientele!
The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for assisting veterinarians and veterinary technicians in the care of animals. The assistant will help maintain a clean, efficient, and healthy environment for animals being treated or boarded at the hospital. Veterinary assistants will also help restrain animals during procedures and keep treatment, exam and surgery rooms stocked with supplies.
* Assist doctors and vet techs with appointments, prep patients for surgery and minor procedures, and proactively set up any equipment and or tools to be used for a patient
* Collect laboratory samples such as fecal, urine, and ear cytologys
* Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures
* Obtain accurate vital signs on patients
* Document any changes of a pets condition and vital signs appropriately in medical records and notify doctor or veterinary technicians of any unusual medical or behavioral problems
* Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital including kennels and runs, treatment areas, exam rooms, and surgery suite
* Properly clean and sterilize surgery packs
* Communicate with clients per hospital policy in a compassionate and professional way on either the status of their pet, or any questions they may have
* Perform other duties as assigned by doctors, receptionists, and veterinary technicians to assist in the smooth flow of the daily operation of the hospital
* High School diploma or GED certificate with two (2) years of experience as a veterinary assistant required
* Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts
* Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations
* Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment
* Excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required
* Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
* Knowledge of medical procedures and animal handling
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Short Term Disability
* Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
* Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
* Discounted Veterinary Care
* EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
* A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
* Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Location/Region: Columbus, NC