Village Way Veterinary Hospital is a 4 doctor, small animal practice that opened its doors in 1987. The extremely pet friendly community boasts a small town feel in a beautiful location. We provide some unique services in our modern hospital such as laser therapy, orthopedic surgery, platelet rich plasma procedures as well as stem cell therapy. We are a hard working and compassionate staff that will treat every pet as if it were our own! If you are someone that has strong customer service skills, a readiness to learn, and are a great team player we encourage you to apply today!
Kennel Job duties include but are not limited to:
* Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
* Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
* Monitor and record important information about the animals conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
* Walk animals three times a day.
* Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
* Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
* Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
* Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Technicians with restraint and treatment of animals.
* Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
* Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
* High School diploma or GED preferred.
* Flexible schedule including weekend shifts and holidays
* Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
* Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
* Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
* Experience with Cornerstone software is preferred
Part Time Benefits:
* Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
* Discounted Veterinary Care
* A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
* Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Location/Region: Advance, NC