It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Graphics Designer will be responsible for the overall design and illustrative/graphic /visuals for the organization. The graphics designer will prepare visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts. This individual will work closely with the director of marketing, senior manager of communications and business-unit marketing managers to help develop best-in-class design for our external web site, marketing materials, digital and print advertising, event advertising materials, social media graphics as well as emerging online channels.
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving color, copy, text format separations, and scaling images for print production. Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
- Upholds brand standards and provides counsel on how to interpret them.
- Prepares layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in publication and /or exhibition design.
- Prepares layouts for responsive HTML marketing emails.
- Prepares layouts for responsive HTML web-based landing pages with form-fill elements.
- Color correct, process, layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction.
- Designs, lays out, and produces artwork such as infographics, graphs, maps, charts, posters, signs and report covers;
- Take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics, sidebars, pull quotes, text-as-graphic-element items and so forth
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- May coordinate relationships with print, event, web or advertising vendors, among others; preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for final approval;
- May handle copyright, reprint, and permission processes; responsible for including legal disclaimer in materials as needed/required.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies. Stays abreast of new trends in design, including responsive design and other digital design trends.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Maintains working knowledge of spelling, grammar and copy editing in English; able to perform final copy edit on final materials for print, send, etc.
Marketing communications Business marketing Sales Product marketing Client services
Technologies Supporting the Role
Desktop Publishing Tools Marketing automation platform (Pardot)
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree required, Fine Arts degree preferred
- Three to five years of graphics design experience
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- 3+ years in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior client service skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Layout skills
- Attention to detail
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiqs policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individuals race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiqs policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Location/Region: New York, NY