Implements all water safety policies and procedures by following the guidelines set forth by Somersett as well as the Health Department to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all members and their guests. Interactions are typically with HOA homeowners and staff, via in person conversations.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Ensures adequate surveillance for prevention of aquatic emergencies by observing swimmers and those on the pool deck.
- Responsible for the enforcement of all rules as established by the facility.
- Administers first aid to minor injuries such as small cuts and bruises of swimmers.
- Maintains amenities in and around pool area, including cleanliness of changing rooms, bathrooms, and showers; emptying trash; restocking when needed.
- Takes out backboard, rescue tubes, umbrellas, and first aid packs at the start of the day and brings all items in at the end of the day. Also checking for adequate supplies.
- Displays lost and found items and brings in at the end of the day.
- Straightens the pool and deck areas at the end of the day; wipes down tables; pressure washes pool deck. Cover pools and lock gates/doors at the end of each day.
- Vacuums pool bottom; empties automatic skimmer; skims bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use.
- Assisting with chemical checking and balancing.
- Maintains all necessary records determined by the Sports Coordinator.
- Wears the designated uniform at all times while at work.
- Attends all meetings, trainings, and in-service days as directed by the Sports Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong communication, customer service and inter-personal skills to interact with all ages
- Previous experience at a pool preferred but not required
- CPR/AED & Lifeguard certifications required.
- Responsible for maintaining Company, Resident, and Staff confidentiality
- High School Diploma or acquiring preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position involves sitting, standing and/or movement throughout the day. Must be able to transport oneself not only around the pool deck but also around the office and the Community Association.
- Ongoing in-service training to maintain lifesaving skills.
- Duties of squatting/kneeling, bending, reaching, twisting, ladder climbing, stair climbing, walking on rough ground, exposure to temperature changes, exposure to dust, fumes or gases, and cleaning/scrubbing. This type of activity may occur several times throughout the day.
- Requires lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of objects weighing 25 -- 150 lbs.
- Performance of duties may require employee to be both inside and outside. Inside temperature will be controlled and the use of fluorescent lighting will exist. Outside may require employee to be exposed to the elements, which may include wind, rain, cold, and extreme heat.
- Working in variable temperatures outdoors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
As North America’s property management leader and industry trailblazer, FirstService Residential offers an extensive selection of exciting career and personal growth opportunities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We know that every member of our team enhances our success by delivering innovative programs and exceptional service that make a difference, every day, to those we serve. So we are highly selective in recruiting top quality professionals who demonstrate integrity, responsiveness, reliability and above all, a commitment to serving the needs of our residents and communities.
If your commitment to quality and service matches ours, we invite you to review our current career-advancing opportunities and join an amazing team!
Location/Region: Reno, NV