BrightLeaf Group is seeking a Sustainability Communications Program Manager specialized in external and internal communications for global organizations, including sustainability reporting, organizational transformation, employee engagement, crisis and conflict management, public and media relations, and digital communications. The position is part-time, project-based and primarily home-based (remote), with occasional in-person meetings.
- Manage client relationships, working hands-on with clients specializing in ESG, Corporate Responsibility, Public Relations, Investor Relations, Human Resources (employee engagement), Corporate Communications and Marketing Communications.
- Manage strategic communications projects for corporate clients in financial, health, energy, sustainability and other industries.
- Manage project teams consisting of senior project managers, writers, designers, information architects, web developers, QA engineers, accessibility experts, sustainability reporting experts and others. Set and track goals, assign accountability, ensure deadlines are met, and ensure quality and customer satisfaction from proposal through project completion.
- Lead the proposal development process for communications projects, including the strategic planning, work breakdown structures, estimating, budgeting, staffing and scheduling.
- Attend networking and educational events to stay current with latest communication strategies and technologies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8 or more years as a manager of strategic communications including sustainability reporting for global corporations, including full management authority (staffing, budgeting, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, estimate and document project plans; build teams to staff projects; maintain strong client and employee relationships; and manage projects to budget and schedule
- Exceptional writing, editing and quality assurance skills
- Demonstrated success in persuasive communication to achieve consensus across all stakeholder groups, working directly with C-level executives and all other levels of clients’ team
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a related discipline
BrightLeaf Group is a strategic communications firm based in Austin, TX. We have earned the trust of our clients for 27 years.
We help corporations, nonprofits and other organizations communicate better with their customers, stakeholders, employees and the public on a local and global basis. Our collaborative team of experts combines talents from strategic, creative and technical disciplines.
Location/Region: Austin, TX